PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever won a Disney trip?

TikiGoddess
09-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Has anyone ever won a trip to Disney, or something just as exciting? I know there's a couple lucky Intercotees around, would love to hear the stories!

I'm soo excited because I'm in a contest to win a Disney trip, and I'm one of three finalists!! The online voting is this week and the contest ends on the 21st. The winner is announced on the 28th. Because of TOS, I can't post the site in this message but just had to share my excitment with my online family.

I'll let you know what happens!
Kathy

pogo
09-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey TikiG..... I won a trip to WDW a couple of years ago from McDonald's and it was great.

Patti and I spent four nights at the Poly in a MK view, first floor room. They also gave us R/T Air and MYWPH tickets. Total value of our trip was around $4,000 according to the W-9 they sent me at the end of the year for tax purposes.

Good luck and I hope you win.... I'm voting for you. :D

Marilyn Michetti
09-16-2008, 09:53 PM
I've got my fingers crossed too.:fingers:

mouseketeer mom
09-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Hey TikiG..... I won a trip to WDW a couple of years ago from McDonald's and it was great.

Patti and I spent four nights at the Poly in a MK view, first floor room. They also gave us R/T Air and MYWPH tickets. Total value of our trip was around $4,000 according to the W-9 they sent me at the end of the year for tax purposes.

Good luck and I hope you win.... I'm voting for you. :D

Was that from one of those Monopoly games McDonalds runs? I think thats so exciting! Did you just open a game piece or something and see that you won??

pogo
09-17-2008, 07:27 AM
No, it was from a different game.... can't remember the name of it. :old:

It was from buying a salad and it was also a "second chance" prize. I had put the little tab in my pocket and after I got home I left it on my desk for a couple of days. I had a little time on my hands so I decided to go to the web site and enter the code number and about three weeks later I got a certified letter saying I was a potential Grand Prize winner.

I filled out the information and returned it and about four weeks after that I got a telephone call from McDonalds that I had won. Within two hours of that call, I was called by Disney.

My DW didn't believe it until after we were checking out of the Poly and the bill said "No Charge" . :D

SBETigg
09-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Yes, it was after 9/11/2001 and a local radio station was trying to encourage people to feel safe to travel by giving away Disney trips. You had to call in and identify the character speaking in a voice clip they played from a movie. I was the sixth caller. Six people before me got it wrong! One guy said Scooby Doo. The clip was one of Jock from Lady and the Tramp.

kakn7294
09-17-2008, 08:21 AM
I never have but I have my fingers crossed for you Kathy! I'll do my part for you! When you win, have a Dole Whip for me!

brad192
09-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi Kathy!

I was wondering when you'd be posting about your competition! I really hope you win! I listened to the interviews yesterday, and I think you gave the best one. I'm voting for you every day - 4 times! I've got my office PC, and three seperate ones in the lab that I can vote with, all with different IP addresses, so I don't think I'm cheating.:blush: Here's some :pixie: for luck!

mouseketeer mom
09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
No, it was from a different game.... can't remember the name of it. :old:

It was from buying a salad and it was also a "second chance" prize. I had put the little tab in my pocket and after I got home I left it on my desk for a couple of days. I had a little time on my hands so I decided to go to the web site and enter the code number and about three weeks later I got a certified letter saying I was a potential Grand Prize winner.

I filled out the information and returned it and about four weeks after that I got a telephone call from McDonalds that I had won. Within two hours of that call, I was called by Disney.

My DW didn't believe it until after we were checking out of the Poly and the bill said "No Charge" . :D

That is amazing to me. I always think no one ever wins from these McDonalds things. That is just the coolest thing. I love that story.

pink
09-17-2008, 08:13 PM
I didn't win a trip to Disney but one of my good friends won a trip to Orlando for 4 days and 3 nights in Sea World from Newsday.

I was supposed to go with her but then I had something come up. It was still neat to know that people actually win those vacations. :mickey:

RedSoxFan
09-17-2008, 08:19 PM
I haven't won a trip either. But I'm voting for you Kathy. Be so cool if you won.

cknorr28
09-19-2008, 10:53 AM
My Son won a trip earlier this year to meet Lebron James through the Coke rewards game. He won an all expences paid trip to Atlanta, we got R/T air fare, stayed at the CNN center, went to a Cleveland vs Hawks game and $500.00 dollars on a Visa card. Mr. James was not the nicest person. He from what we thought was suppose to spend some time with the kids maybe sign an autograph. He stayed long enough for a group picture really didn't speak to anyone except his handlers and walked out. My Son knew about the trip for months was so excited about meeting his hero and was absolutely crushed. But he and I did have a great time together. Atlanta from what we saw was a really nice city.

biodtl
09-19-2008, 03:05 PM
I'll keep voting - good luck!

disneygirlie11
09-19-2008, 03:26 PM
how do u all know where to go to vote? am I missing something here?lol

TikiGoddess
09-19-2008, 07:51 PM
how do u all know where to go to vote? am I missing something here?lol

I'll send you a PM. I can't post the link on the thread due to the Intercot TOS.

TikiG

WDWFanatic
09-20-2008, 11:04 AM
I'll vote for you also, send me the link.

Best wishes...I hope you win so you can see wishes...hee hee

mickey&missy
09-21-2008, 08:41 PM
I've never won anything either! But, you know I'm voting for you!!! I sooooo hope you win!!!!!!

goofyluva9293
09-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Wow! If the contest isn't over & someone can send me the link ... I will for sure vote for you!! Good Luck! :pixie:

Alligirl
09-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Send me the link, I would be happy to vote for you as well! Good luck!:thumbsup:

~Allison

Bethanymouse
09-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I really hope that you win! PM me the link and I will vote for ya!

TikiGoddess
09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks for all the support -- the voting ended at midnight last night (Sunday).

I will post the results as soon as I know -- should be late Sunday night or early Monday morning!

Fingers crossed...
Kathy

mouseketeer mom
09-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Pixie dust for you and your family Kathy! Wishing that you WIN!!

Frog
09-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Hope ya win!!

TikiGoddess
09-29-2008, 09:33 PM
The results are in. Check out the following thread:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1750461#post1750461

:)
TikiG