PDA

View Full Version : Should I go???

Dawneeeey
09-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi,

I know the answer is probably yes from all of you but I have to write it out and ask anyway.

In January, I will turn 40. My husband has said anything I want to do, we can do.

We live in New England so weather could be an issue if I decided to just go out to dinner with friends and family. So I was thinking, what about a long weekend with the mouse??

The only issue with that is it would just be me and DH, no family. Well possibly by dad and his wife.

What would be a really nice advantage of going to Disney during my 40th birthday?? :party:

Thanks in advance!!!

BronxTigger
09-16-2008, 08:40 PM
If you can swing it financially, I think it'd be fun!

The only downsides that I can consider are:
-It's not really cost-effective to go for a short time. The price structures of the tickets, plus the plane tickets for such a short trip, make it very expensive per-day versus a longer trip.

-If the weather is bad on either end, your flights could have problems and then you will miss time at WDW (when you don't have a lot to begin with) and/or you could get stuck in WDW (bad if you have to be at work!)

faline
09-16-2008, 09:15 PM
If it's how you want to celebrate your birthday and can afford it, by all means, go! Disney in January can be a very nice break from New England winter weather!

mickeys_princess_mom
09-16-2008, 10:02 PM
My initial reaction when I saw the thread "Should I Go?" was, "Well, of course! I don't even have to read the particulars"...:mickey: Celebrating a special birthday like that one? Oh, yeah. Definitely takes the sting out.
Happy Birthday! :fworks:

KAT1811
09-17-2008, 04:03 AM
Of course you should go. Even a weekend with the mouse is better than no time at all. Plus a break from the awful weather would be great. You never know maybe you'll get stuck in WDW because of a blizzard here! Wouldn't that be great?!

bringbackhorizons
09-17-2008, 04:44 AM
I visited last year for my 30th birthday, and probably enjoyed that trip more than any other. It was the best birthday ever too. For me it was the coolest thing ever to wake up on my birthday and think, "I'm going to MK today".:cloud9:

So my advice is go definitely. :party:

DisneyWhirled
09-17-2008, 09:00 AM
If you can swing it, go!!

My DH turns 40 in June.

My friends husband turns 50 in July and she is going to put on a huge party for him (to the tune of about 3K).

I asked my DH if he would like a big party or prefer to go to WDW with the family for a vacation. He said if we could afford it, he would prefer a vacation. 3K will make a pretty good dent in a week long vacation for all of us.

Happy Early Birthday!!!

yjgirl32
09-17-2008, 09:26 AM
I would say yes also. It would make it very special and memorable for you! Good luck with your decision.

Dawneeeey
09-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks everyone!!! We both have enough vacation time that we could take a whole week even!!

I'll have to find out if he really meant I could do anything I want. :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Winter in NE with a chance to escape in one of the worst months? I'd go for the whole week if I were you. And it's funny because the only time I've had a flight cancelled due to the weather was in July!

kemps@wdw
09-17-2008, 10:23 PM
The question is...what WOULDN"T be the advantage. WDW @ 30, or 40, or 50. Doesn't matter as long as you're @ WDW!:D And a short time @ WDW is better than none at all! If finances aren't an issue, knock yourself out...and have a great 40th!

mouseketeer mom
09-18-2008, 06:43 AM
I love the idea of a long weekend at Disney, It is something I always wanted to do for my Birthday. Go. Life is short. Have fun!

PAMOUSELOVER
09-18-2008, 11:44 AM
It is were I will be spending mine in four years.
So in four years I will be at WDW on Dec. 19th:thumbsup::party: