PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Question..

Disney fans..
09-16-2008, 03:55 PM
I was wondering...we will be arriving in Disney about 1 week after our 3rd wedding anniversary and a friend of mine told me that if I mention it while at Disney that we might get a few perks...has anyone heard of this before? If so, who do I tell?

SBETigg
09-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Tell them when you make your reservation. If you've made it, call and just mention that you would like to note that it's an anniversary trip. Mention it at check in. Don't count on perks, but they are nice when you get them.

Last anniversary, we were greeted at check-in with anniversary buttons, we got an upgrade in our view, we wore the anniversary buttons to dinner and got some extra congratulations and a champagne toast, and we were sent roses, champagne, and a card from Cinderella and her prince in our room (great keepsake!). But the previous anniversary (our tenth) we were not recognized with any perks. We picked up our own anniversary buttons at the MK and we got a few extra congratulations from CMs and passers-by, and that was the extent of it. It was still an amazing anniversary.

SAHDad
09-16-2008, 04:17 PM
You might mention that it's an anniversary trip when you make the ADRs as well. I have done that for our next trip - I'm not expecting anything, but it will be nice if something magic happens.

Disney fans..
09-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Tell them when you make your reservation. If you've made it, call and just mention that you would like to note that it's an anniversary trip. Mention it at check in. Don't count on perks, but they are nice when you get them.

Last anniversary, we were greeted at check-in with anniversary buttons, we got an upgrade in our view, we wore the anniversary buttons to dinner and got some extra congratulations and a champagne toast, and we were sent roses, champagne, and a card from Cinderella and her prince in our room (great keepsake!). But the previous anniversary (our tenth) we were not recognized with any perks. We picked up our own anniversary buttons at the MK and we got a few extra congratulations from CMs and passers-by, and that was the extent of it. It was still an amazing anniversary.

Wow..that sounds amazing...even if all we get are pins to wear it'll still be special to us:cloud9:

pixiesmimi
09-16-2008, 05:56 PM
We went on our 38th Anniversary Aug. 2007. I had heard on Intercot about getting Anniversary buttons at Town Hall at MK so we picked them up as soon as we arrived the first night. We went to our ADRs at CP and there was a Mickey confetti heart on the table when we sat down and we didn't even mention it to them. We did tell them at CBR when we checked in and we did get an upgrade to a King room without asking for it. A lot of people congratulated us the whole trip and we got a free drink in Epcot. Got good tables at the TS meals. The photopass photographers took a lot of unusual pictures of us for our CD. We had a great time. We will be going for our 40th Anniversary next year and are looking forward to it. We have noted it on our reservations.

Congratulations! Enjoy!

TINKinTX
09-17-2008, 02:48 AM
We went for our 1st anniversary and mentioned it when making the resort reservations. Our first night at the Beach Club we came back and had a anniversary card with photo from Mickey and Minnie along with balloons! I still have the card....its in my scrapbook. Waiters are great about asking if this is a special occassion so don't be shy. You'll love the attention. :mickey: