PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide- F&WF vs California Grill

Roo Girl
09-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone, OK I'm at a complete crossroads here on what to do. Next Friday, 9/26 we have 6pm ADRs at California Grill. I've only heard great things about it and I've never been there. BUT this is also the start of the F&WF and the only day before we leave we'd actually be able to attend. What would you do? I guess I can do CG during a next trip, of course. And I really enjoy hitting the kiosks for appys during the F&WF (which I haven't been to in 2 years.) What would you do folks? :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
09-16-2008, 12:46 PM
I would do some F&WF sampling during the day, then keep the CG ADR. The appetizers at the F&WF are great, but I wouldn't want to make a meal out of them. Plus, that would cost a fortune for 2 people.

Perhaps your "brunch/lunch" could be the F&WF, then dinner at the CG at 6:00.

SBETigg
09-16-2008, 12:49 PM
An evening of Food and Wine is fun, but it doesn't top dinner at California Grill to me. I would find a way to do both, and if torn would choose California Grill. But it is a tough choice.

If only you had another night for Food & Wine, or a different dinner to cancel. Perhaps you could reschedule the California Grill meal and switch around? Also keep in mind that Friday nights at the F & W Fest, particularly of the opening weekend, is insanely crowded in World Showcase.

TINKinTX
09-16-2008, 01:13 PM
I love both....so this is a tough one! As much as I love the view at California Grill, I'd have to vote for F&WF. It only happens at a certain time of year while you can go to California Grill next time (Yeah....you're already planning another trip)! My husband and I just love to walk around all day and eat in World Showcase and loved Morocco the last time around. While it was pricey when it added up....that California Grill check was quite large too. I am not sure I could eat all day in World Showcase and then have room for a great dinner at CG either. But either way, you'll enjoy it and that's the important thing....both are great!:mickey:

henry.james.s
09-16-2008, 01:15 PM
I would do some F&WF sampling during the day, then keep the CG ADR. The appetizers at the F&WF are great, but I wouldn't want to make a meal out of them. Plus, that would cost a fortune for 2 people.

Perhaps your "brunch/lunch" could be the F&WF, then dinner at the CG at 6:00.

I've done exactly this. Don't miss the CG trust me!!

Polynesian Dweller
09-16-2008, 01:23 PM
F&WF is not a subsitute for the Cali Grill or any other restaurant. It is sampling and that would be a good thing to do during the early afternoon. Keep your CG ressies.

LittleRoosMommy
09-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Definitely keep your ressie at Cali Grill!! You can always sample the food during the afternoon at F&W Festival. I can't imagine the appetizers at F&W festival being able to top Cali Grill!! Good luck making your decision. I'm sure that whatever you decide will be great!!

Kairi_7378
09-16-2008, 04:25 PM
I think you'd be hard pressed to make a meal out of Food and Wine Festival offerings. While the items are tasty, the portions are small and the prices are between $3 and $7 for the food samples, more for wines. It's a good use of snack credits on the DDP, in my opinion. (Something a little different than the standard snack foods.) If I were you, I'd do some snacking at Epcot for lunch so I would still have room for CA Grill at dinner time.

Disneyfamilyof3
09-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Keep the ressies. besides, i seem to recall that many times the F&WF opens a day or so early, like a test run,but don't advertise it. There is a good chance the kiosks will be open the day before. :waycool::fingers::tasty::eat::pixie:

SurferStitch
09-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Keep the ressies. besides, i seem to recall that many times the F&WF opens a day or so early, like a test run,but don't advertise it. There is a good chance the kiosks will be open the day before. :waycool::fingers::tasty::eat::pixie:

You know, I was thinking the same thing. :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
09-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh my gosh, do both. Sample during the day, indulge in California Grill at night. No need to choose!