PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake is on sale!!!

PinKy
09-16-2008, 11:52 AM
We just got the call from our DVC person that Bay Lake has gone on sale today for DVC Members! Non DVC members can buy as of October 5th. It is listed as $112/point right now with a $5 promo deal. There are 3 views: standard, lake view and Magic Kingdom View (MK is the most expensive view). The earliest you can stay is September 1, 2009 and booking starts March 1st 2009. Yay!!! We're buying!!!:mickey:

thumperbug
09-16-2008, 05:07 PM
If we were in a financial position to do so I would definitely buy at this resort. While I do enjoy our ownership at SSR I am now of the mind set that you really need ownership in the resorts you really want to stay at. I have never stayed at CR but the monorail proximity would make it worth it to me.

NewmanFamily6
09-16-2008, 06:42 PM
I absolutely agree and if I had the extra cash I would but too. I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. I have a feeling it will sell out quickly and stay booked:mickey:

Ian
09-16-2008, 07:16 PM
We're buying! :thumbsup:

sillyolbear
09-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Looks like we will probably do an add-on as well. Put a call in yesterday to our DVC guide, but he is on vacation until Friday. Looking forward to getting the specifics.

Donald A
09-17-2008, 08:34 AM
I think Bay Lake is a prime location. We already own at Saratoga Springs but are yet to stay there. We did stay at the Beach Club Villas in January 2008. We were able to get 2 X 2-bedrooms at this small resort at the 7 month window. I do still think I would be able to get a room at Bay Lake in the non-peak times, BUT it will be difficult.

I have stayed at the CR years ago and really only think it is the location that makes it desirable. Other than that, I was not impressed.

I am sorta glad my wife has no desire to own at Bay Lake (not that I want to make the financial commitment anyway). She truly thinks despite the location the resort itself isn't that nice. It will be interesting to see what happens. I do predict a quick sell-out, perhaps even before Animal Kingdom Villas.