PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for surpising my kids when we get into our room!!!!

Tinkerbell'sFlight
09-16-2008, 09:55 AM
I have 3 kids 14, 11 and 4. Any suggestions for me? Tinkerbell is going to have a surprise waiting for us in our room, but I am trying to think of something fun, but not extravagant. Last time we visited I had Room Service leave a pitcher of milk and a plate of cookies with a note from Tinkerbell, "I am so happy you are here! We will have so much fun! Love, Tink" I need something different this time....Anyone do anything like this before?

BeccaO
09-16-2008, 10:28 AM
This is such a neat idea and one that I always want to accomplish, but the first time I tried it, it back-fired and I never tried again. Maybe for our trip in January I will try again. The one time I tried this we stayed at the GF in the main building which is Royal Palm Club. I asked that a note and a stuffed animal be left in our room with a balloon for DD7 who was 5 at the time I think? Well I had all this arranged through concierge and we arrived and it wasn't there. I went down to the concierge desk and they had no record of my request anywhere, but said they would take care of it. We went out and when we got back, there is this miniature stuffed animal, about 8 inches tall with a birthday card for DD!!! It was no where near her Birthday and I never said anything about anybody's Birthday! I was really mad. All the more reason why we are trying Wilderness Lodge for this trip. I am anxious to see some of the advice on this post for what you can do, I love the cookies and milk idea with a note from Tink! That is so cute! :thumbsup:

BigRedDad
09-16-2008, 10:38 AM
When my DD gets a little older, TinkerBell will be leaving around a gold coin each day taken from the Pirates of the Caribbean. If she finds Tink's gold coin, she will get something special at the parks that day.

I am not sure what you could do for kids your age. Maybe you could have a card for each of them with Disney Dollars.

mshomeschoolmom
09-16-2008, 11:41 AM
We are going in a few weeks and I have surprises to put in the room for my kids. I ordered them from ebay autograph bags with matching autograph books the straps on the bags can also be used as a lanyard, chocolate molded lollipops in Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Cinderella, C's castle, C's stagecoach and shoe, and 52" air walker balloons of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. I also found a printable coloring sheet online of Mickey and Minnie Mouse and typed up a letter on the back of the coloring sheet(from Mickey & Minnie) and printed their names on the envelopes in Disney print. The balloons are refillable and I plan on getting a small airpump to blow them up with. I was gonna let the resort blow them up with helium but I didn't want to take any chances on them busting them so I am doing it myself.
This is how we will get it to the room. When we check in my husband will take my kids to the game room and gift shop to keep them busy while I get us checked in and find the room to add all the surprises.

LittleRoosMommy
09-16-2008, 03:02 PM
I did this last year for our DDs, 1&3 at the time. I used Disney florist! They were great!! I called and talked to them, discussed a price range and some ideas. They worked their Disney Magic and my girls were so excited!!

They were wonderful! They made sure that they were sent over to our resort the day before our arrival to ensure that DDs received them upon arrival (waiting at check-in for them). My oldest DD is a huge fan of Belle, her gift included an autograph book, pen, tiara and wand along with a note from the Princesses. For the baby (DD1), she also had an autograph book, pen, and a stuffed Tigger, along with a note from Pooh and friends.

The girls were so EXCITED!! I plan on doing it again this October!! I'm actually getting ready to call them right now!!:mickey: Have a great trip!!

3AMommy
09-16-2008, 03:11 PM
:spoiler:

If you are a kid...do not read!!!

I don't want to ruin anyone's fun...BUT:

I have good hand with a pen soooooo, I took some t-shirts that we had tie tyed (with MM) for the trip. I looked at some old autographs that we had from previous trips and wrote all the autographs on the shirts for the kids.

I put them out on the beds for them to find when we came back from our first day. They loved them. They got a card that basically said welcome to WDW we hope you have a great week..

Then the great thing for Mom and Dad was not having to wait on autographs all week. We just did photos with the characters since the kids already had all the autographs on their shirts.

Hope this helps!!!
3AMommy:D

TammiMcMan
09-16-2008, 03:49 PM
This post is in the wrong forum. If you'd like to reply, please follow this link to the appropriate thread, http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=142482 .