PDA

View Full Version : So, what's a girl to do?

luvdiznee
09-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I thought I had this figured out. For our trip in 8 days :mickey:we don't arrive until late. 7 PM at MCO. I wanted to go to the BW that night, since we are bring family who has never been to Disney. But the more I think about it, the more it seems we may be too late for that. So should we just enjoy WL maybe with a late swim and room service? Or DTD? Or on with BW? Or any other idea. I was going to do room service for breakfast the morning we leave. Anyone ever done it. How was it? Thanks. :mickey:

terri110874
09-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Since you arriving late, I would suggest taking time and checking out the hotel. Take a swim to relax after being at the airport. Play it by air since you don't know who will be to tired in your party to do anything.

Enjoy your magical trip:mickey:

SBETigg
09-16-2008, 09:02 AM
It depends on your travel party. If you were all adults, it certainly wouldn't be too late to head to the Boardwalk or Downtown Disney. If you have kids along, it probably will be late and maybe best to keep to the resort. There's plenty of excitement in just checking in and enjoying your resort, really. I would play it by ear. Have two plans in mind and see which one appeals to your group once you get checked in.

If you stick around the resort, I would skip room service at night in favor of visiting the resort's quick service restaurant to have the chance to be out and exploring a little. In the morning, room service could be fine. I haven't tried WL's room service, but the room service at the GF and Poly have been good so I think it should work out for you at WL. I usually prefer to visit the resort's quick service place and grab my own breakfast.

yjgirl32
09-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I agree it's best to play it by ear- you might be really excited to go and see BW or way too tired to do anything but take a nice swim and then off to bed to get some rest- becaue for the rest of your trip you might not get that opportunity to get to bed early. See who's up for what when you get there. I too would just get quick service- I had made the mistake of booking a reservation for Mickey's BYBBQ and we weren't staying at the WL and ended up getting there a little late. Had to rush to get to everything. Would much have rathered chilled at the resort and ate something quick. Good luck with your decision- your in Disney so have fun.

TinkerbellT421
09-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Well, I think it would be too late. I cant remember how late the buses/ferrys run. I think it depends on where EMH's are that night. I might be too late just for the fact that if you are arriving AT the airport for 7pm, you have give ATLEAST an hour to an hour and half the earliest that you will be arriving at your resort about 9. Are you taking your own car? or are you taking ME? If its ME then you wont be at your resort till 9:00pm, give or take. Then by the time you check-in, and catch transportation (if your taking buses and not renting a car) to the Boardwalk, your looking at possibly 10? Again, give or take some time. Trying to estimate in my head lol. And I dont know how late transportation runs for you to get back. I dont know what day your arriving to figure out if you can take a ferry to epcot. Or even walk to epcot to take a bus back to the resort. So really, it depends on transportation IMHO, if your renting a car then all of my speil is non-sense lol, in that case it wouldnt be too late. Just make sure you plan around how you get to and from the boardwalk and you should be ok. Everything on the boardwalk (side-shows) and stuff run pretty late. So really its never too late for the boardwalk, all depends on what you want to do.

luvdiznee
09-16-2008, 11:36 AM
:mickey:Thanks all. I will see what everyone else says. Although the ones that haven't been wouldn't really know. But since me, older ds and dd11 have been we can all decide. And since no car, transporation I know will have to be considered as well. :mickey: