PDA

View Full Version : DVC Announces BLT and Treehouse Villas!

DVC Mike
09-16-2008, 06:42 AM
From the Orlando Sentinel:

The Walt Disney Co.'s rapidly growing time-share division takes an aggressive step forward today when it unveils plans for two new resorts in Orlando -- even as Disney Vacation Club battles some of the strongest financial headwinds it has ever faced.

Disney this morning will formally reveal plans for its Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, confirming earlier reports that the 15-story tower rising just beyond the Magic Kingdom will be used for time shares. The company also will unveil plans to sell time shares at the Treehouse Villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, a secluded community of 60 units that is being rebuilt in a forested pocket of Walt Disney World.

The twin announcements ensure that Celebration-based Disney Vacation Club, which has grown to nine resorts and more than 350,000 members, will have more time shares for sale in 2009 than it has ever had before.

Full story is available HERE (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-disney1608sep16,0,3037600.story)

Ed
09-16-2008, 07:51 AM
About time they made it official.

I'm curious to find out if the Treehouses will be considered an actual part of SSR or a separate entity. If they are melded into SSR, they would be considered part of your "home resort" if you already bought into SSR.

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

McGoofy
09-16-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm curious to find out if the Treehouses will be considered an actual part of SSR or a separate entity. If they are melded into SSR, they would be considered part of your "home resort" if you already bought into SSR.

;)

That was exactly my first thought as well!

I had heard the rumors about BLT, but hadn't heard anything at all about the Treehouses going DVC. We just bought into DVC only 4 months ago when we were there in June. My DH asked our rep about the BLT rumors, and the rep's response was this, "At this time, it is just rumors." I'm glad it is finally official now! More choices!!!:mickey:

DVC Mike
09-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Once GCV @ DLR sales start, DVC will be actively selling four DVC resorts.

I'm excited that I can add-on points at BLT! :cloud9: :thumbsup:

sillyolbear
09-16-2008, 08:12 AM
So sales start Sunday with an $18,000 minimum buy-in price.

It will be interesting to see the initial interest and if they come up with any incentives.

Sunshine1010
09-16-2008, 08:23 AM
I'd also like to see if SSR and the villas are going o be bunched together.

WRWDisney
09-16-2008, 08:40 AM
So, if we keep the minimum buy-in at 160 pts., that will be $112.50/pt. Not that out of line for an increase when adding a new resort (about and 8% price increase. That coupled with a slight premium on point use for the rooms should help make it somewhat exclusive without making it impossible at the 7 month window.

The really interesting question will be what do they do to AKV points; do they keep them the same? Increase them to the same as BLT? Increase them to the same as BLT but offer a higher discount (or offer a discount at all?)?.

Should make for an interesting time.

lockedoutlogic
09-16-2008, 09:30 AM
i don't believe they're selling a monorail hotel at 112 dollars a point....

think about it: has anything that disney has done in the last 20 years lead to to believe that they would sell that location at only what amounts to an inflation increase over the last location....

even with the charred remains of our banking, investing, and real estate system still smoldering?

I don't buy it....i think 18K will only buy you an add on of 100 points or so.....

and i'm very upset about the treehouse....the last thing they need is more units at Saratoga and more members jamming the reservation lines from Saratoga....

This whole thing looks like pure greed....go figure:thedolls:

Roo Girl
09-16-2008, 09:56 AM
I just got the email everyone!!! DVC's new spokeswoman, Deevy See, announced in the email (via YouTube) the Bay Lake Towers as next DVC resort. All those rumours were indeed true!!!! How exciting! :mickey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1DV6r1Nk54

Ian
09-16-2008, 10:10 AM
In a fit of fortuitous timing, we're headed down to Disney on Thursday ... you better bet we'll be meeting with our guide!

EpcotChic23
09-16-2008, 10:15 AM
I just recived an e-mail from DVC offically announcing BLT, with some wacky video showing what the rooms are going to look like. I am personally excited b/c we use to always stay at the CR but once we began the DVC we could not stay there. Also the e-mail said they will be showing BLT at 9/18 8pm on the Travel Channel on "Secrets of Walt Disney World":mickey:

Fortgoofy97
09-16-2008, 10:16 AM
The DW will be thrilled if the Treehouse Villas are part of SSR. She always wanted to stay in them since we started comin to WDW!! According to email fine print I thought it said intial purchase was $16640 which would be $104/pt. Either way I am sure it will go very quick!!!:waycool:

Ed
09-16-2008, 10:28 AM
I just got the email everyone!!! DVC's new spokeswoman, Deevy See, announced in the email (via YouTube) the Bay Lake Towers as next DVC resort. All those rumours were indeed true!!!! How exciting! :mickey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1DV6r1Nk54

Combining your thread with the already existing one.

mouseketeer mom
09-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks!!!! Loved the video!!! Hoping we can get in on it!!

Aurora
09-16-2008, 11:27 AM
That Deevy See woman on the YouTube video is quite weird but funny. Wish I had that much energy.

And here's the "fine print" from the e-mail:
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort is under construction — estimated completion 2009. This is not an offer in any jurisdiction which requires prior registration and in which the time-share plan is not registered or the legal requirements to solicit time-share have not been met. The complete offering terms are in an offering plan available from the sponsor. Current prices start at $16,640, and certain limitations may apply. Prices subject to change. N.Y. File No. T98-0015, T08-0002. KY#92-AG-105. #08/4-025NJREC.

Momof2boys
09-16-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm also wondering about the Treehouse Villas being part of SSR . . .

I'm just happy they finally announced BLT !

Figment!
09-16-2008, 12:10 PM
The Official Press Release, Fact Sheets, and Concept Art for both the Bay Lake Tower and Treehouses can be found down in the News Forum.

Disney Vacation Club Continues Unprecedented Growth With Two New Development Projects (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=142495)

dolphinmickey9170
09-16-2008, 12:29 PM
My question is, if you own at SSR, do you have the 11 month window for the treehouse?

Aurora
09-16-2008, 01:16 PM
My question is, if you own at SSR, do you have the 11 month window for the treehouse?

Yeah, that's not clear from all the info -- but in the official press release they do say "the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, scheduled to open in summer 2009, will become the next room category offered at that resort. (My italics.)

But it is being sold separately and sale date hasn't been announced yet.

My guess is -- we'll find out soon!

Ian
09-16-2008, 07:18 PM
The way that reads, it definitely seems like the Treehouse Villas will become a part of SSR.

Which is really great, because that means we might be able to book the treehouses under our SSR contract and we'll be able to book BLT when we buy in there.

Suh-weet! :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
09-16-2008, 09:08 PM
The way that reads, it definitely seems like the Treehouse Villas will become a part of SSR.

Which is really great, because that means we might be able to book the treehouses under our SSR contract and we'll be able to book BLT when we buy in there.

Suh-weet! :mickey:

Ian.....

do you really want more members at saratoga?

I mean....come on....haven't they squeezed enough water from that rock?

I know where this is going.....public outcry about how great it will be to stay in the treehouses like they did when they were a kid.....

and then what happens after that 5 night stay?

I'll tell you what.....more rooms available at saratoga and even fewer everywhere else...

DVC Mike
09-17-2008, 07:07 AM
If you're already a DVC Member, be sure and take the BLT virtual tour:

BLT Virtual Tour (http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member/miniSite/index?name=CrystalMinisitePage&sourcecode=BLTWEBRF&CMP=OTC-FY09DVCCBLTMemVanity)

Ian
09-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Ian.....

do you really want more members at saratoga?Well, I know opinions are mixed on Saratoga, but we love it there. It's actually one of our favorite resorts.

But to the point, I'm quite certain the addition of the treehouses was done to make SSR contracts more appealing. They've been having trouble selling out SSR, from what I've heard, so I'm certain this will boost sales. Seems like a smart move and it's certainly a win for us.

If you're already a DVC Member, be sure and take the BLT virtual tour:

BLT Virtual Tour (http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member/miniSite/index?name=CrystalMinisitePage&sourcecode=BLTWEBRF&CMP=OTC-FY09DVCCBLTMemVanity) That tour made me even more excited to buy! Our goal is to be one of the first 1,000 families and get our name on that fountain!

Ed
09-17-2008, 08:44 AM
They've been having trouble selling out SSR, from what I've heard, so I'm certain this will boost sales.

Not really. The original SSR inventory sold out back in July. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=138171&highlight=sold+out) Emphasis then shifted to selling AKLV. Now, with the addition of the treehouses, SSR will be back on the front burner, along with BLT.

(Haven't gotten used to that "BLT" yet...every time I type it, I get hungry. :tasty: ) :D

Nicola Ross
09-17-2008, 08:49 AM
hmmmmm.............. So BLT go on sale to DVC members on Sunday, the member cruise sets sail on Sunday, (which I am going on! yippee!!!) Does anyone think there will be special incentives to buy on the cruise? I guessing yes as the current incentives end on Saturday!

Let's see!

Nicola

Ian
09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Not really. The original SSR inventory sold out back in July. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=138171&highlight=sold+out) Emphasis then shifted to selling AKLV. Now, with the addition of the treehouses, SSR will be back on the front burner, along with BLT.Ed, I need to hire you as my personal Disney consultant. ;)

I had no idea they were sold out.

tinkerbell04
09-17-2008, 06:39 PM
I asked today about the 11 month mark for the Treehouse Villas as I was getting information about BLT. My guide told me that they would be part of SSR and owners at SSR would be able to book the Treehouse Villas at the 11 month mark.

lockedoutlogic
09-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Ed, I need to hire you as my personal Disney consultant. ;)

I had no idea they were sold out.

i think the sell out is very misleading....

there are tons and tons of contracts available through third party resale.....

and i'm willing to bet that DVC is sitting on a huge pile of points....

True...they might have "sold out".....but if 25% of the points are sitting unused or attempting to be peddled.....

what have you got?

I know that Saratoga is the largest and would have the most resales under normal circumstances as well....

but that property is...I believe....a fall back for many....

last on the list.

I can only say what my impressions have been....based on our last three bookings...

March/April 08:

Baby born in December....so we didn't plan until January....was during spring break time....when i called 60 or so days away....nothing was available.....except saratoga studio and 1 bedroom
....did get animal kingdom off a waitlist about 10 days out....thankfully

October 08:
Called day of the seven month window....
Only OKW and Saratoga were available (booked okw)
Friends called in June for october....only saratoga was available...didn't book (big mistake as it turned out)
now 25 days away and waitlisted in all categories everywhere except saratoga (for anywhere between 4 and 7 months out).....and the 2 bedroom was still available at saratoga about a month ago (didn't take it....probably a mistake)
now nothing is available

January 09:

Called last weekend.....studio was available at saratoga and split between two preferred categories at boardwalk (which we booked)....one bedroom was availabe at saratoga, animal kindgom savannah, and wilderness lodge (very tempted....)....two bedroom was available at saratoga.....

I know that saratoga has more rooms.....but it also has many more contracts.....

in theory....all the resorts should be filled in roughly the same timeframes....

it says something to me when you KNOW you can get saratoga.....

and as far as the treehouses sprucing up saratoga.....they might.....but it will mean more members and now the demand will just get transferred to the treehouses from the other saratoga units....

net gain of zero.....unless they make the treehouses a real good deal for the points.....which i'm sure they won't

by the way....anyone see a point chart on that?

DVC Mike
09-17-2008, 08:50 PM
We added on 200 points at BLT. :secret:

This brings my total DVC points to 900 and I now have 5 home resorts. :cloud9: