PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level

svarhall07
09-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone has stayed club level at the AKL. I've stayed in the savannah view, but never club (actually never stayed club in Disney). What type of food should I expect? What type of atmosphere? Relaxing lounge or continental breakfast style? Are the rooms savannah view?

My only experiences with club levels come from the Ritz Carlton in NYC and Grand Cayman - and I can't imagine its anything like that.

Please just give us an overall feel of what it will be like. Thanks.

pox24
09-16-2008, 09:40 AM
My wife and I were there in May. We found it to be fabulous. The food offerings were plentiful and good. The evening selection varied as they were bought up from BOMA down stairs. Lamb, chicken, ribs just to name a few. I got hooked on the Quinoa for breakfast. We stayed up on the 6th floor and it was great to walk out of the room and right into the lounge area. Th only down side was that our balcony was facing the new construction at Kidani Village. The savannah had no animals in it and was very tough to see because of our height. If I did it again I would request the 5th floor club level for a better view of the animals. On a scale of 1 to 10 , it ws an 8. :thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Unless you have DVC club level booked, your room will be located on the 4th floor. There are no standard club level rooms on the 5th or 6th floor anymore.

The 4th floor club level room will have a savannah view and your room key will gain you access on the elevator up to the 6th floor lounge. It's nice and airy and looks down upon the main lobby (no savannah view from the lounge). Staff is on duty daily from 7am-10pm. You are also invited to book a Sunrise Safari Tour. This is exclusive to guests staying in club level at the AKL. It's offered two days a week and includes a private, guided tour through the Kiliminjaro Safari ride and a great breakfast. You do need to have AK park tickets as you're allowed to remain there after the tour if you wish.

Hours may vary, but typically you can get coffee & tea from 6:30am-7am. 7am - 10:30am is a deluxe continental breakfast. That can include yogurt, fruit, bagels, cold cereal, oatmeal packets (sometimes). 11am-2:30pm they set out snacks, like bowls of M&M's, popcorn, pb&j uncrustables. 3pm-4pm is afternoon tea with cookies. 5pm-7pm is wine & beer along with cheese & crackers, vegetables and usually 2 hot appetizer dishes from the on site restaurant. 8pm-10pm they have out cordials and desserts from Boma.

Tinkerfreak
09-16-2008, 06:34 PM
We have stayed AKL concierge a few times and have stayed concierge a few other places also and we find the AKL concierge lounge to be the best we have tried. The lounge is really big and the food offerings are great. One of my favorite things is the big expresso/latte machine. Not just a small little machine like some lounges have, this is a full sized machine like you would see at Starbucks or something. I have to admit we liked it a bit less on our last stay there because of the concierge rooms being down on the 4th floor now. We were so far away from the lounge we did not visit it as much as we had in the past.
I miss the deluxe rooms and the lounge right down the hall.