PDA

View Full Version : Travel Journal for kids?

Tinkerkel
09-15-2008, 10:19 PM
2 trips ago, I printed a kids travel journal from another site (mouse for less) & DD8 absolutley loved it. I've tried to find something similar for our upcoming trip (in 3 days), but when I google it, all I come up with is the same site & the same journal. I'd love to do something like this again...any ideas?

disneyfan328
09-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I know exactly what site you are talking about. I used some of the pages there, but I also designed my own. there is SOOOO much clip art out there on the web that you can easily design your own.

Not sure how you did it but I took all of the pages to Office Depot and had them bound with a clear cover (spiral bound) so it is a nice book and it was only a few dollars - 3.00 I think and it made them soo much nicer. I made the kids autograph books like this too by using clip art and printing out pages marked with their name and 1st trip to disney on them. I made special ones for the characters I knew we'd see (due to character meals ect.) and I did a few that we hoped to see. Then I did a bunch of pages that just had differnt mickey borders around the edges so that we could use those for anyone that we saw that didn't have their own page.

I also got a print out of a Passport that I was able to personalize for the kids. We got many compliments on them as well as the autograph books. The characters always made some type of gesture that they were on the pages and blew kisses at themselves or gave kids extra hugs while pointing at them. It made them feel very special.

jonahbear2006
09-16-2008, 02:22 PM
We bought cheap journals at waldenbooks' sale. They were empty then we collected things during our trip and used clear packing tape to tape them in and wrote notes next to them. We kept, deflated balloons, reciepts, stickers, sticks out of our food that say GF on them, anything that we could keep we did keep. I saw a friend do this and it makes the book look so authentic and like a real scrapbook. My daughter, 8, did some really good writing in there during our trip, so they have a great book to look back on now!