PDA

View Full Version : Chefs de France menu question

SAHDad
09-15-2008, 01:25 PM
This doesn't pertain to our next trip, but I am (already) thinking about the trip after that. (And no, that's not signs of a problem.)

Anyway, DS (4) was asking questions about various foods and animals today (e.g. "Do we eat cows?" "Do we eat fish?" and so forth), and I told him that people eat snails.

I'm aware that Chefs de France has a cassolette d'escargots, but I wanted to know if anyone tried it, and if so, how was it?

(I've had snails before, though only once or twice - this is more of a "expose the kids to new foods and experiences" sort of thing.)

TheRustyScupper
09-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Tell her the cassolette d'escargots tastes just like snails.

mouseketeer mom
09-15-2008, 01:52 PM
My husband like escargot, but thought the ones at Le Chefs were just OK. The rest of us couldn't even watch him eat them. Ugh.

SBETigg
09-15-2008, 02:04 PM
I love escargot. Chefs current version of the escargot dish is good, but not the best I've had. The escargot are in a very oily, garlicky sauce. You mainly taste the garlic, but get the texture of the escargot. If he likes shellfish like clams, oysters, etc, he will probably like the escargot. I definitely think it's good to expose them to new foods and experiences. Maybe a dish for the table to share?

pixiesmimi
09-15-2008, 03:14 PM
DH had this dish the last time we went and thought it was good. He didn't rave about it though.

SAHDad
09-15-2008, 03:19 PM
I love escargot. Chefs current version of the escargot dish is good, but not the best I've had. The escargot are in a very oily, garlicky sauce. You mainly taste the garlic, but get the texture of the escargot. If he likes shellfish like clams, oysters, etc, he will probably like the escargot. I definitely think it's good to expose them to new foods and experiences. Maybe a dish for the table to share?

Well, I'm pretty sure I'd be the only one eating them. DW thinks the idea is disgusting, and DD (who would be almost 3) might not want to try them. DS might - he can be picky, but I can usually get him to try something new - even if it is only one bite. If the extended family is with us for that meal (possible, but nobody knows yet, since this would be Oct 2009), I'd still likely be the only one eating them.

Thanks for the info everyone.

PetefromRI
09-16-2008, 05:58 PM
We also love them but I was kind of dissapointed with them a few weeks ago.There seemed to be way to much chopped parsley in the garlic butter sauce.They were alright but not the best I've ever had.