PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Fastpasses

hlkeck
09-15-2008, 09:20 AM
I haven't seen this posted (although I will admit to not reading EVERY post :blush:) - we were at WDW last week and went to get a fastpass for Peter Pan and 8 passes came out instead of 4! We had received "Surprise Fastpasses" (that's what is said on the pass) for Philharmagic (which worked out nicely for us, as that was where we were going next).

Kinda cool - had never gotten one of those before and we fastpass...well...a lot! :mickey:

Belster
09-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Wow, I hope that this happens when we go next month. Congrats!

Imagineer1981
09-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Surprise FP are a nice treat everyonce in awhile. They tend to do it when park attendance is lower to keep guest circulating throughout the park.

DDuck66
09-15-2008, 11:26 AM
We got those for the Carosel of Progress last summer at the Buzz Lightyear Fastpass Stand. We thought it was really cool.

magicofdisney
09-15-2008, 02:12 PM
We've gotten these a couple of times and I agree they are a nice, unexpected treat.

Pirate Granny
09-15-2008, 09:47 PM
We've gotten them at Test Track and the surprize one's were for Mission Space...
:pirate:

MickeysEars
09-15-2008, 09:58 PM
That would be cool. I remember reading on another thread that the surprise fastpasses were coming out for COP one day and so many people were getting them that the fastpass line was actually longer than the standby, so make sure you look at the lines before you use it. But for those bigger rides like MS and TT, good deal!

CaptSmee
09-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Surprise FP are a nice treat everyonce in awhile. They tend to do it when park attendance is lower to keep guest circulating throughout the park.

Yup, they spit out surprise FP's for attractions that generally don't have any wait just to get you the lucky recipient to visit said attraction!

MaxPower
09-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Now if I could just find the machine that spits out surprise turkey legs.

mouseketeer mom
09-16-2008, 07:53 AM

Hee Hee. Me too.
Never heard of surprise fastpasses! We go to the parks twice/year and have never gotten any surprise anything. On our last trip, we saw much less of the Dream Squad as well. I think the surprise fastpasses sound terrific!! What a fun surprise.

iheartmickey
09-16-2008, 08:58 AM

:ditto: :tasty:

DisneyorBust
09-16-2008, 10:00 AM
That's a pretty cool surprise! Maybe we will be lucky and receive surprise FP's this week.

thrillme
09-16-2008, 12:17 PM
I got that one time to an attraction at the opposite end of the park and when we got there it really had no wait.

I figured it was to get us moving along.