PDA

View Full Version : House of Blues or Jazz Kitchen???

maizey05
09-15-2008, 01:51 AM
Which one is best, from your experience? We're trying to decide between the 2. Looks like JK is a bit more $.

drevlo
09-15-2008, 07:37 AM
We (our whole family) really enjoy both places very much...but if we could only choose one, it would be Jazz Kitchen.
Their salmon is amazing!
I'm sure that there will be differing opinions about this (after all, they're opinions, right!?!?!) but JK would get our vote!

Belle619
09-15-2008, 09:56 AM
We have eaten at the Jazz Kitchen twice and both times it was fantastic! I highly recommend this place and :ditto: to the salmon!
Try to get there a little early for your reservations so that you can get a seat on the balcony or at least outside on street level - the ambiance makes it worth the money!

tinkwest
09-15-2008, 10:00 AM
A tough call for me too. I have enjoyed every meal I've had at each restaurant. If you are going in the evening the one pull towards the Jazz Kitchen, at least for our family, is the live music.

Marla
09-15-2008, 11:47 AM
My choice would also be the Jazz Kitchen:eat::tink:

NotaGeek
09-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I love both of these restaurants ... however, if you choose HOB eat there early. If there is a concert during your dinner reservation it's LOUD in the restaurant. It doesn't bother me, but I have been there before and our group could barely talk due to the punk band in the next room. :thumbsup:

MegaDisney
09-15-2008, 06:07 PM
:twocents: I prefer the food at HOB, but I have also enjoyed the Jazz Kitchen. For me it really is a toss up! I guess if you are a cajun food fan I would pick Jazz Kitchen but if you want Southern Comfort food with an edge pick HOB. I guess this post really doesn't help you! :blush:

Aisling
09-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Jazz Kitchen! We've eaten there several times and the food is always delicious, the service awesome. Balcony seating is so much fun, so I have to recommend that too.
However, if you have teenagers or a younger crowd (20's), then HOB's might be your choice. My daughter could care less about the yummy salmon, but loves the punk band in the next room!

BrerGnat
09-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Jazz Kitchen. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

maizey05
09-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Wow! Looks like everyone likes JK! Thanks for the info and opinions.