PDA

View Full Version : Question for recent guests @ Grand Floridian

Hammer
09-14-2008, 11:02 PM
We are planning to spend the afternoon at the GF pool on the day we arrive (we are DVC members, so we want to take advantage of our pool hopping privileges). Does either pool at the Grand Floridian still offer poolside waitress service :vacation: ?

mickey&missy
09-15-2008, 06:47 AM
We stayed at GF in March and I don't remember waitresses at either pool. Maybe they have them for the cabanas you can rent but other then I don't think they have them. Both pools are beautiful! I'm a big fan of the "quiet" pool. It's huge, beautiful and serene! It also looks stunning lit up at night! Have a nice afternoon pool side!!! :cloud9:

pox24
09-15-2008, 08:50 AM
The adult pool offers poolside service for drinks and food.

Pirate Granny
09-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Which pool is considered the adult pool and which one is considered the 'quiet' pool...I could never figure that out????
:pirate:

MicMouse
09-16-2008, 09:35 AM
I think the "adult" and "quiet" pools are one in the same.

When we stayed at the GF (in 2004) they did have waitresses/waiters bringing drinks poolside, but that was at the other pool - the one with the water slide. I don't remember seeing anyone bringing drinks at the quiet pool.

Both pools are fabulous - the quiet pool didn't seem to have as many kids swimming during the day, but at night it was pretty full - but I think that's because the other pool was closed. It was still great. We swam at 11:30 at night and had a great time and met some really nice families.

Have fun - the GF is my favorite resort!

Figaro
09-16-2008, 03:58 PM
The GF does have cabanas available for rental that I do believe have poolside service. It's the pool with the waterfall, located closest to 7 Seas Lagoon with the slide. I forgot the name now...

TammiMcMan
09-16-2008, 04:07 PM
The cabana's do come with waiter/waitress service, but you have to be a guest of the GF to book one.

There is the courtyard pool and the theme pool (waterslide, zero entry from the beach). If they have the staff, then they will walk around and take orders. You can always go up to the bar and place your order with them. They'll give you a number placard to place by your lounge chair and deliver it when the food arrives.