Nikki (41)
Me (37)

Dates:
Labor Day weekend 8/30-9/2/2008

Resort:
Coronado springs - water view

Weather:
90s and sunny

We milked out leaving and loading the car until just before 11am check-out.

We loaded car and headed to DTD to shop and use last of snack and counter credits. Got a surprise when trying to use the snack credits. Last year we were able to buy the bags of candy that are under $4 with a snack credit. We couldn't this year. Could only buy something that was under $4 and was a single serving. My fault for not paying closer attention to the changes to the DDP this year. Oh well. I got my daughter and her best friend each a big lollipop with my last 2 credits and Nikki did the same for her neice and nephew. We both also bought other Disney souvenirs. At World of Disney the Fairy Godmothers from Bippity Boppity Boutique were roaming and trying to recruit little girls to come in and big girls. They got ahold of us and while we did not do a treatment, they did sprinkle us both with "pixie dust" (glitter). Which took about 3 hair washings to get out and is still all in my car. LOL!

We used our last counter service credit at Cooks Of Dublin as we went on a trip of a lifetime to Ireland earlier this year. I ordered the Mini Battered sausage and ships which came with a drink and dessert ( i got snickers ice cream) and Nikki ordered the Cooke's combo - 1 piece fresh fish, and battered sausages, 2 fresh battered scallops. Hers only came with a drink, no dessert. The servings were HUGE. We had to take food home with us.

Walked by the new T-Rex restaurant which is basically directly across from Cooke's of Dublin...seems to be shaping up good.

Before we left went into Basin shop and bought some soap - love that place. I go every time but this is the first time I actually bought something. Then went to pin traders and got my daughter and couple pins fo rher collection. And we went into Once Upon a Toy - they have some great Mr. Potato Head parts...which Nikki sent me a Mr Potato head this summer for my bday as a gag gift since she says I have his angry eyes when I get mad and always reminds me to pack my angry eyes in case we need them (from Toy Story Movie). LOL!

We hit the Hess station across from DTD for gas then headed home. Oh yeah we did get a bounceback offer with free dining for next year and took them up on it and booked Animal Kingdom Lodge (last year we did Boardwalk Inn) for Labor Day weekend next year. YAY. can't wait. Will try different restaurants since we always switch it up.

Hope you enjoyed sharing our trip!

Lizzie
09-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the report.

mouseketeer mom
09-15-2008, 06:42 AM
This sounds like a terrific last day! Cookes sounds delicious, and its always great to shop on that last day to bring some Disney magic back home with you. Thanks!

iheartmickey
09-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Sounds like a fantastic bday trip! What a nice ending too ... shopping! :thumbsup:

In June, I was meet by FGM's in DTD, and doused with pixie dust. The next day I attended the first day of my confrence and still had pixie dust in my hair. :blush: Oops! :mickey:

Thanks for sharing a great trip report! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
09-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks for all the great reports! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
09-15-2008, 06:39 PM
What a great trip! Thanks for sharing, your reports have been great!

Jennib
09-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks for including us all in on you wonderful trip..can't wait to hear about your dec trip!!

faline
09-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Very fun trip! Thanks for sharing it with us!

DizNee143
09-17-2008, 09:27 AM
what a great last day!!
i usually go to dtd the last day also..its a great way to end a trip!!
cant wait to hear all about next years since you already have it booked!!! :mickey:

yjgirl32
09-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Great report- thanks for sharing about the T-Rex restaraunt- my DS is very excited to see this. Cool a bounce back offer. We will be there for Labor Day next year! Can't wait.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Perfect ending:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
09-23-2008, 09:08 PM
I enjoyed your reports, and I am happy to see that you are already booked for next year. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.:mickey: