PDA

View Full Version : Planning but when to go

shafamily
09-14-2008, 09:12 PM
I have been trying to figure out when will be the best time to go & I need some help. Right now I am trying to decide whether to go Dec 19-24, Feb 22-27, or the first week of June.
I have been before but this will be the first time for our youngest. The trip was planned for December but now that seems like the worst of the 3 choices.
I need some opinions. I do have to go when my oldest is out of school & that is why these are the choices.
Please help:confused::confused:

thumperbug
09-14-2008, 09:25 PM
I'd go with the Feb dates. The dates in December are the busiest time of year, the first week in June will be hot.

We have taken trips in October, December, Feb, March, April and first week in June (not all in same year). Based on your 3 choices I think Feb is the wisest.

The main reason....low crowds. I am from NY and found the first week in June to be realllly hot...but thats just me...you may enjoy it but keep in mind that schools in the south finish earlier in June so there may be crowds to content with.

CleveSJM
09-14-2008, 10:15 PM
I agree with Thumperbug. I was there last end of Feb and we got some cold days (60's) but that is pretty rare.

sassy2000
09-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I agree also. The last week of February will put you after the President's week crowd but before the Spring break crowd. The weather should be pleasant also. June is hot and summer crowds will be growing. Your Dec dates would probably be the busiest. :mickey:FYI my family will be there also Feb 21 thru 27.

Sassy2000

Prior to 2006 off site
Oct 07 All Star Music
Apr 08 All Star Movies
Dec 08 CSR & POR
Feb 09 Pop

badkitty
09-15-2008, 06:52 AM
I make it another vote for Feb. There may be crowds but I find crowds easier to handle when it is cooler.

I have not experienced Christmas crowds but have been during the first part of December. The parks are simply beautiful so this would be my second choice. I found the heat/humidity horrible in June.

shafamily
09-15-2008, 12:46 PM
I called Disney to reschedule but the lady talked me out of it.
She says that the crowds are much worse the end of February. So I'm going to hold onto my reservation for now & think about it.
I'm so confused

DisneyMomma23
09-15-2008, 02:31 PM
i'd probably go with the december dates simply because of how beautiful the world is decorated for the holidays. the first half of your trip will probably be the lowest as far as crowd levels are concerned with the 22-24 picking up considerably.
whatever you decide i'm sure you will have a magical time! :)

Wishmaker
09-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Weather aside, it ultimatley depends on how you and your family will handle the crowds. If you can go with the flow and not worry about lines and people with a huge amount of strollers, then you may as well go with Dec for the Christmas memories. But if the crowds are to much and make you a little edgie/irritable, go in Feb. I know this from experience. My DH can not take the crowds like you'll find in DEC. Therefore will we never go then. Be honest with yourself and pick the time that best suits YOU. Best of luck, and happy planning.

joonyer
09-16-2008, 12:33 PM
We've been in Feb. through Presidents day weekend and crowds were very light compared to summer. I understand December right before Christmas through New Years Day is the busiest time of year. But the decorations will be magical.

ThanxForNoticin
09-16-2008, 01:11 PM
I called Disney to reschedule but the lady talked me out of it.
She says that the crowds are much worse the end of February. So I'm going to hold onto my reservation for now & think about it.
I'm so confused

I understand your confusion. I find it very surprising that someone from Disney would tell you the crowds at the end of Feb would be worse than the crowds on days leading up to Christmas. I agree with most of the posters here - the December days are going to be busier. That being said, if you prepare for the fact it's going to be crowded, the parks at that time of year are amazing. Good luck with your decision.

Disney Doll
09-16-2008, 02:21 PM
I could never handle another summer trip. It gets so hot, everyone is uncomfortable, and people start getting grouchy. Plus, it's crowded. I have always heard that Christmas week is a pretty busy time to go especially Christmas day through New Year's. You may have lighter crowds at the beginning of your trip, but as you get closer to Christmas I think the crowds will increase. Based on that I'd choose February. We have gone several times the 2nd week of February and it was great. I know that crowds are supposed to start picking up after President's Day, but I bet it's still pretty manageable.