PDA

View Full Version : disney ultimate roller coaster

kgoulash
09-14-2008, 09:00 PM
not sure if this is the best forum for this post but just wondering if anyone has played the disney version of ultimate roller coaster, by that i mean the one with disney park theming in it.
i've seen it sold online and it gives a recomendation of 6+, would a 6 year old enjoy this in your opinion? he loves building with computer programs and loves roller coasters so this seemed like the perfect match but i don't want to get something that is over his head and will only frustrate
thanks for any replies
:mickey:

5togetherWDW
09-15-2008, 08:14 AM
It seems like my sons have been playing computer games since birth -- both have enjoyed the different coaster design programs for years. Ultimate Ride: Disney Coaster is one of the games that has lasting power. It has been pulled out and enjoyed many times on and off over the years.
Looking at the date on our copy of Ultimate Ride: Disney Coaster - I'm quite sure both were playing it when they were around 6. I'm positive that my older son was hooked on it for awhile at age 8 and again at 11. His brother was playing then, too -- so he was surely playing at age 6. Both my boys adore building Epcot's only coasters -- including Spaceship Earth in their designs.
The tutorials have the Disney characters tell you what to do. There is also a place where the characters judge your designs -- this is where my younger son either is thrilled, or gets mad at them for not liking his design -- and decides to put the game away for awhile :)
This is a game that is great to play together -- especially for a family of Disney Fans. We have made so many versions of Big Thunder Mountain! We all much prefer the "Disney Coaster" version to the other version of Ultimate Ride --the one that does not include all the Disney touches (despite also being listed as by Disney.)

kgoulash
09-15-2008, 11:10 AM
thank you :mickey:
i think i will go ahead with it, and if he needs a little help i'm sure i'll enjoy it too

minicheese
08-08-2009, 10:24 PM
It seems like a pretty good game but I normally play RCT3 which is a very good game for creating rides. You can build just as much Disney stuff in RCT3 as you can in Disney's Ultimate Roller Coaster. Also, RCT3 is pretty easy to use, unlike some other games where you have to do a bunch of things just to place a ride down. :D

DarkGoku368
08-26-2009, 04:04 AM
I cant find it anywhere

Patricia
09-19-2009, 11:02 AM
There is a four game pack, including Disney Coaster, available at Amazon. Title to search for - "Fun for Boys featuring Disney", it's only 19.99.

If you look in the left column of this page you will see ICOT Affiliates, if you click on the Amazon link it will take you right there while helping to support Intercot.