PDA

View Full Version : X-MAS Recommendation

crazygoalie39
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
We're going to the world for x-mas next year. Kind of early to be planning I know but I'm a nut. :mickey: Anyways, I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations on which resort has the best x-mas atmosphere because this is going to be our first x-mas away from home and we want our to resort to make it feel like x-mas even though there isn't going to be any snow, which I'll miss dearly. Thanks!

Tinkerbellfan
09-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Hello-

I have been to Disney twice in the month of December - once as a child and once last year. As a child, we stayed at The Polynesian while last year, we stayed at The Wilderness Lodge. While staying at WDW last December, we also visited quite a few resorts. And, our favorite decorated was The Wilderness Lodge - felt just like a Christmas resort. The lobby tree is beautiful.

Have fun!

ibrowse17
09-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Another vote for the WL. It is simply wonderful at Christmas. I would also suggest going to visit Ft. Wilderness during Christmas. The people staying there do great job decorating their sites:thumbsup:

PirateLover
09-14-2008, 09:03 PM
If money is no object, I would say Grand Floridian. Between the giant Christmas Tree and Gingerbread House, it is just wonderful. But many resorts have great themes. I particularly enjoyed the set ups at Wilderness Lodge and Yacht and Beach Club.

thumperbug
09-14-2008, 09:14 PM
We've stayed at WL and BWV both at Christmas time. For WL there are no words to describe it. The Boardwalk was beautiful as well in a different way. They had garlands streamed everywhere that were loaded with glass ornaments. The lobby also had a gingerbread caruosal.

The Wilderness lodge...OMG that big tree in the lobby...so big you have to bend your head back to see the top, plus all the other trees in the lobby...and of course the fireplace...

To me WL at Xmas is like home...but better...

I am sure all the other resorts are beautiful in their own way. It comes down to a personal preference. For me...WL at Xmas is the only way for us.

DDuck66
09-15-2008, 10:17 AM
I love the Giant Gingerbread House at the GF but there is something special about the WL. Especially when they have local choirs in to sing Christmas Songs. Grab a rocking chair by the fireplace and enjoy.

buzznwoodysmom
09-15-2008, 10:25 AM
We've stayed at WL the week before Christmas once and it was wonderful. I've visited all the deluxe resorts around Christmas time and they are all amazing, but for a Christmas vacation I wouldn't stay anywhere other than WL. It just screams christmas.

TINKinTX
09-16-2008, 02:04 AM
I heard that the Grand Floridian has christmas carolers in the lobby performing! Of course, WL has the sleigh rides!