Nikki (41)
Me (37)

Dates:
Labor Day weekend 8/30-9/2/2008

Resort:
Coronado springs - water view

Weather:
90s and sunny

After last night's over indulgence, we did not get up until almost 10:30! Took our showers and then headed to EPCOT and lunch at Tangierine Cafe. We both got Shawarma Platters, I got chiken and Nikki got lamb. They were both very good and a great use of a counter service credit. Usually 2 people really could share one if they are not absolutely starving but this year they seemed kinda stingy. We just walked through a few countries and took silly pictures and of course had the try the green apple margaritas at Mexico (because we did not have enough alcohol the night before right?) LOL

It was very hot but not too crowded. We even stopped in at Club Cool to sample the coke products before heading back to the bus. Under the Spaceship Earth ball, there was the best breeze ever and we both just stood there for about 5 minutes cooling down. a cast member came over and was like is there something I can help you with? We were like no just enjoying the breeze. I guess she had not paid attention becuase all of a sudden her eyes got big and she was like - WOW that is refreshing and put her arms out to air out. LOL I know people stared at the 3 of us like we were nuts! But it refreshed us enough to head to the bus.

We got back to the room about 3pm. We had a 6pm ressie and V&A so needed showers and to get beautified but rested for about an hour or so.

We made it to the car and headed out by 5:30. V&A is always a treat and we had said we were not going to do the wine paring this year ( it was our 3rd year hitting V&A) but of course we caved becuase the somalier just does a phenomenal job of pairing up the wines. The chef did a wonderful job of accomodating the shellfish/seafood allergy and I had a great selecting of foods for each course. I will say my out of the 7 course meal, my 2 favorites were the Butternut squash soup with pumpkin seed oil drops and the quail with figs and applesauce. Nikki loved her salmon and the quail. The wines were spot on and the staff made such a big deal about this being our annual birthday dinner. Nikki's bday was the week before and mine is earlier in the summer but with her in Jersey and me in Florida we wait and have a joint celebration at Disney every year and V&As. They made this the best one ever and even took pictures with us.

We wandered through Grand Floridian and drove back to CSR to change for PI. Determined to go say good bye before they close it down. We caught bus from CSR to DTD and found out they have closed the PI bus stop so we had to get off at Westside busstop behind La Noubla. which is quite a hike from PI. Thankfully the watertaxi behind Wolfgang Pucks was stull running (though it stops at like 11) and we caught that over and it dumped us right in the middle of PI. It was pretty dead. Not sure if folks are already finding new places to go or because it was a Sunday though Monday was a holiday and last year PI was packed all weekend. We hung out for a bit and were amazed at the number of kids hanging out at PI after midnight! Some with parents some just with friends but all under 18 yrs old. Disturbing.But we made a point of hitting all of the clubs and taking pictures outside just as a memento before heading back to hotel and beddy bye.

Tomorrow: MGM, EPCOT, Pepper Market, O'Hana's, Rix Lounge

Lizzie
09-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Thats great that you got one last trip in to PI.

mouseketeer mom
09-15-2008, 06:37 AM
Everything I read about the Tangierine cafe is positive. I must try that on one of our next trips! Thanks for another great report!

iheartmickey
09-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a very nice day. Glad you got to PI, weird about all the kids though.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
09-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
09-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Sounds like it was a great day. I am glad that you got to say good bye to PI!

Jennib
09-15-2008, 06:51 PM
another great day!!!

faline
09-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Victoria and Albert's - what a special treat! We've only done it once but I would love to go back again!

DizNee143
09-17-2008, 09:03 AM
another great day..V&A's what a great treat for your birthdays!! glad you enjoyed it!! :mickey:

yjgirl32
09-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Sounds like a very fun time you two had. Good report thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Great birthday dinner

ChipnDaleGal
09-23-2008, 08:57 PM
What a wonderful birthday dinner for you two. That sounds like a tradition that you should keep doing for a long time. Thanks for sharing.:mickey: