PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants on Boardwalk

pixiesmimi
09-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Can anyone tell me about Spoodles, The Big River or the Flying Fish down on the Boardwalk? Are they on the DP and what are the pros and cons of each?

medic9016
09-14-2008, 08:00 PM
We have only done Big River a few years ago, it is on the DDP. The food and service was good at the time. The beer was great. :beer:

PetefromRI
09-14-2008, 08:32 PM
We ate at the Flying Fish two weeks ago and it was great.It is a signature restaurant so it cost 2 credits on the meal plan.If your trying to get the biggest bang for your buck on the DDP then signature resaurants aren't the way to go but we like the more gourmet food so we loved it.The Red Snapper was fantastic and Tim the server was awesome.By the time dinner was served I felt as if I'd known the guy for years.We also loved the atmosphere.A very nice place!:thumbsup:We haven't been to the other places but Spoodles looked like fun.

henry.james.s
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Never had a bad meal ever at any of the Boardwalk locations.
The Flying Fish is exceptional and a close 2nd to The California Grill for best Signature location IMO. Spoodles Is a great place for B'fast & Lunch. Big River is also one of my lunch faves and as mentioned the Beer is outstanding. I like going there for a beer or 2 before dinner at the FF.
ESPN is a cool place to wath a game..great munchies!!
The Boardwalk is a very cool place for sure!! :thumbsup:

AllDisney
09-14-2008, 08:51 PM
We like Spoodles a lot. We have eaten there a couple of times and never been disappointed.

Big River was OK. As mentioned before the beer is pretty good:beer:

sisterdisco
09-14-2008, 09:21 PM
We ate at Spoodles 2 weeks ago and we really enjoyed it.
The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was great.
It is on DDP. We paid extra for an appetizer of pita pieces and dips (hummous, cheese dip/spread, tomatoe/olives etc.).
I had red snapper w/ some type of tiny macaroni under it and it was delicious.
DH had a pasta dish that he really enjoyed.
The kids (10 and 11) didn't want anything on the menu, so they ordered from the kids menu--no problem.
I had Gelato for desert that was to die for!!

On a side note, we have been to ESPN club, which takes DDP, but they don't take ADR's, so you might have to wait a long time. But if being able to watch TV in the bathroom is important to you, then it's the place to be:D

Crow
09-14-2008, 10:30 PM
just back from my trip.
I ate at FF & Spoodles both last wk
both were very good.
I used the DDE for 20% off food & alcohol
FF had quesadilla,Thunder ( which was pan seared bass) & a beer & wine flight. The bass was great & I would recommend it if its still on the menu. It did take a while to get my check w the DDE discount
Spoodles was good also & cost even less. In fact I ate there w someone else & the bill was less than FF for just me
Spoodles had flatbread, greek salad, shrimp linguine,pork loin & 2 drinks.
Id recommend either place

pixiesmimi
09-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks! :thumbsup: I had never heard anyone report on any of these and am trying to come up with different things to do this time while there for our 40th Anniversary. DH said it depended on what they served. He is all about food, especially seafood! :)