PDA

View Full Version : The new pool?

broadway_chick72
09-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Is there any pictures released of how this is going to look yet? I'm really excited about it! When I stayed at FW a few years ago, I thought the pool was the only weakness of the resort.

medic9016
09-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Nothing yet. It seems to be a big secret.

Disneyfun
09-14-2008, 06:02 PM
I haven't read too much on this, but are they rehabing the River Country area for this?
I hope so as DW was so bummed when they shut it down as that is where she always went as a child.

joonyer
09-14-2008, 07:19 PM
I haven't read too much on this, but are they rehabing the River Country area for this?
I hope so as DW was so bummed when they shut it down as that is where she always went as a child.

No, River Country is NOT being re-habbed or renovated. However, there has been some mention by Disney that some of the River County Features (water tower) may be moved to the FW pool area when it is renovated and refurbished.

jonahbear2006
09-19-2008, 10:53 AM
I think they are gonna let River Country be a memory. As they are saying, all the news says that the tower is being moved and they wouldn't move it if they had plans to fix the place. I agree that FW's weakness was the pool and it is what strayed us from camping this Sept. We went deluxe because the last 2 times we went, we didn't feel we had a good place to relax at the end of the day. We really need a hot tub, as well. So, until the campground features these amenities, we will be staying elsewhere. I was curious too and was going to ask about the pool. Has anyone been there and saw the construction?

Figaro
09-20-2008, 12:50 AM
I hope I don't get in trouble for this...Since I don't know how much has been released about it....

There'll be a water slide similar to CT that the end will sit right next to where the present lifeguard stand is. It'll drop off into about 3ft of water. The kiddie pool will be replaced with a hot tub and some water attractions will be placed on the far end near the deep end of the pool. The pool will also be made 1ft shallower. The odd design of the pool will remain the same, tho.

bpsigler
09-20-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm up at the Fort now with the family camping and one of the CM said sometime in Jan. 09 construction should start. I did find it interesting when we were checking in yesterday, the paperwork we signed had a stamp No Pool Hopping and they have you initial next to it. I asked about walking to the FW Resort, since we are at the campground and was told not allowed.

joonyer
09-24-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm up at the Fort now with the family camping and one of the CM said sometime in Jan. 09 construction should start. I did find it interesting when we were checking in yesterday, the paperwork we signed had a stamp No Pool Hopping and they have you initial next to it. I asked about walking to the FW Resort, since we are at the campground and was told not allowed.

I assume you were referring to walking to Wilderness Lodge (when you said FW resort) AND using the pool there, and not just walking to WL. They haven't closed the walking trail to WL have they?

jonahbear2006
09-30-2008, 08:37 PM
I remember that having to sign next to a stamp thing at FW but when we were at the BC in Sept. We didnt sign anything, nor were we told once that we could not pool hop. I guess they assume there that you dont WANT to pool hop.

KylesMom
10-01-2008, 02:22 PM
I assume you were referring to walking to Wilderness Lodge (when you said FW resort) AND using the pool there, and not just walking to WL. They haven't closed the walking trail to WL have they?
I'm sure they haven't closed the walking trail. However, when we stayed at WL this summer, we noted an inordinate amount of guests coming over from FtW to utilize the WL pool. Perhaps by making guests initial the paperwork at check-in, therefore acknowledging that there is a no poolhopping rule, they hope to cut down on some of the WL pool traffic to non guests. Just speculation, but it makes sense.

medic9016
10-02-2008, 08:11 PM
I remember that having to sign next to a stamp thing at FW but when we were at the BC in Sept. We didnt sign anything, nor were we told once that we could not pool hop. I guess they assume there that you dont WANT to pool hop.

They may assumed you were a DVC member, which are allowed to pool hop. They have been doing the no pool hopping stamp and initials at FW for a few years now.

casey@bat
10-04-2008, 07:54 AM
While staying at FW 2 yrs ago we hopped to the Comtemporary. My kids had aball on the slide. I can't wait for one at FW.

I wonder if it will be complete by June.

AndrewJackson
10-04-2008, 09:03 AM
There was a post I read about this, either in another thread here at Intercot or another board. This thread claimed that pool area would end up looking similar to the pool area at Vero Beach Resort. It has a water tower as well.

jonahbear2006
11-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Where will Fort Wilderness people swim in Jan-Feb of 09. I am planning on going and there will be 8 of us and we cant live without a pool. Please tell me they have a plan for this!!

TinkerbellT421
11-13-2008, 11:14 AM

They may assumed you were a DVC member, which are allowed to pool hop. They have been doing the no pool hopping stamp and initials at FW for a few years now.

Pool hopping is TECHNICALLY only allowed for DVC members. EXCEPT for the BCV, you can only use the BC pools if you are actually staying at the BC and that includes ALL DVC members and resorts. BC is the most popular pool. They actually give you bracelets there at the pool saying you are staying there and if you dont have a bracelet you are asked to leave. So no noone unless DVC members can "pool-hop".

Figaro
11-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Where will Fort Wilderness people swim in Jan-Feb of 09. I am planning on going and there will be 8 of us and we cant live without a pool. Please tell me they have a plan for this!!

Don't take this as word... if the pool is indeed closed then, most likely they'll open up the WL pool to FW guests. That's just my guess, I'm not totally sure. They might have folks use the Loop Pool. Keep in mind, it's still cold around that time of year anyways, and there'll be days where the guards won't even open up the pool because it's too cold (if the temperature WITHOUT windchill reaches and stays below 50 degrees).

jonahbear2006
11-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Don't take this as word... if the pool is indeed closed then, most likely they'll open up the WL pool to FW guests. That's just my guess, I'm not totally sure. They might have folks use the Loop Pool. Keep in mind, it's still cold around that time of year anyways, and there'll be days where the guards won't even open up the pool because it's too cold (if the temperature WITHOUT windchill reaches and stays below 50 degrees).

yeh we went last february and it was pretty nice. I am really shocked, though, that Disney's deluxe resorts do not have indoor pools, in conjunction to the outdoor pools. I mean, I know it is Florida but on top of the cold season, I am sure there are also many visitors that are not allowed to bake in the sun avec water, due to lupus and other such systemic disorders. It would just be nice to have a place that had an indoor pool. It would steer me AND my extended family in that direction.

LKCEmom
11-30-2008, 11:39 AM

Ft Wilderness has two pools, one at Meadows and another near the Wilderness Homes. I didn't hear anything about them redoing both pools though so I'm sure there will be one open wherever you go.

Have a great vacation, that's a nice time of year to go.

jonahbear2006
12-10-2008, 04:08 PM
yes yes, but that other pool is freezing cold! they claimed it was heated and it was definitely not heated enough to swim in it!

Not2Loud
12-28-2008, 08:53 PM
I would love to see a rendering of the new pool...just thinking about the fun to be had is exciting.

Figaro
12-28-2008, 11:12 PM
The other pool at FW, the one without lifeguards is called Loop Pool :thumbsup: I'm not sure if it's heated. I know the main one is. The design of the new FW pool is going to be quite nice. I eavesdropped a few times when execs were at the pool and I was working. :secret: :D

Not2Loud
12-29-2008, 10:42 AM
When is the new pool expected to be open?

teambricker04
12-31-2008, 09:59 AM
We are leaving for FW next week (Hooray!) and just got a letter in the mail yesterday. It states the "Meadows Swimmin' Pool will be closed mid January 09-late March 09". The leisure pool will be open, but it also states that we will be able to use the "Silver Creek Springs Pool located at Disney's Willderness Lodge for Guests wishing to take advantage of this nearby experience."

There you have it... straight from the mouth of the mouse.

Perdita
01-02-2009, 05:17 PM
OOOOh, I'm so excited. I love FW but the pools are the downside to staying there. My family and I are pool-aholics. We are going in April. My 9 year old son is going to be ecstatic when I tell him.:mickey::rocks:

goofy for pluto
01-16-2009, 05:05 PM
just got a letter in the mail yesterday. It states the "Meadows Swimmin' Pool will be closed mid January 09-late March 09". ... we will be able to use the "Silver Creek Springs Pool located at Disney's Willderness Lodge.
There you have it... straight from the mouth of the mouse.

That pool is not very big. I can't imagine how crazy it will be with all of the campground guests there.

teambricker04
01-16-2009, 11:27 PM
That pool is not very big. I can't imagine how crazy it will be with all of the campground guests there.

No, it isn't very big at all!!! We'll see... we just got back and despite the letter, the pool wasn't closed yet!!! A CM told my DH that it got pushed back another week.

Thumper_ehhhhh
02-10-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry if i'm violating any rules about posting things for another site. The ppl on here want to see pics about the ongoing pool renos. Yes they are happening. I will post link in the next post so if it gets deleted you can read this and request me to send you the link.

WDWdriver
02-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Sorry, Thumper. We can't allow links to other sites. Thank you for understanding.

DixieBelle
02-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Could you PM me the link please
Thanks!.....:mickey:

princessesmom
02-10-2009, 01:20 PM
We're arriving at FW next Monday. Since the main pool is closed, is there another pool we can use? Maybe WL? Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Thumper_ehhhhh
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Sorry Ron I was just tring to get the information out that people have requested. :thumbsup:

If anybody wants send me a pm I can send you the link that way it isn't posted openly.

tjstrike
02-27-2009, 03:24 AM
Does anybody know the status of the pool ? Wondering if it's on schedule to re-open late March ?

medic9016
02-27-2009, 05:53 PM
The slide is up and the hot tub is formed in the ground with the concrete poured. There is still a lot of plumbing and concrete work to do. Send me a PM and I'll tell you were to see pictures.

Thumper_ehhhhh
03-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Water tower is complete for the slide. The pad is getting ready for pouring then the steps will be done. The hot tub is in and the pool looks like it's on the finishing touches. Looks like the water tower has the old fort wilderness railroad logo on it to. Should be a interesting theme when it's done. I still have the link to the pictures if anybody else wants it.

AndrewJackson
03-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I have seen some great pics from some other websites. It appears to be the water tower from River Country, however it has an old logo from the Fort Wilderness Railroad. Very odd? Ron - can you provide some info?

WDWdriver
03-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Ron - can you provide some info?

Sorry, no. I haven't been in there lately to look for myself, and I don't know any FW folks well enough to ask. Maybe Figaro can add some more info. He's our resident Bay Lake Recreation guy.

I've been looking at the pics on That Other Site :thedolls: (yes, I admit I lurk over there sometimes). I agree that it is most likely the old FW railroad logo, and I don't find that very strange. Back when the railroad was operating there were elevated "wooden" water tanks at Settlement Depot and Outpost depot. They were real, and were used to add water to the steam engines. Including an old railroad water tank in the new pool design seems to me to be consistent with the whole FW theme.

And isn't that an old railroad lantern hanging from the side of the tank?

Thumper_ehhhhh
03-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah I thought it looked like a old railway lantern myself. With the pipes sticking out of the bottom of the pool it could help the water hole look more rustic too. You can see them in the earlier pictures. Either way it looks like its going to be the place to be.

Figaro
03-01-2009, 09:20 PM
I haven't had the chance to see it lately, but I'll talk to my bike barn friends about it. The progress is as previously stated though as far as I last heard. The slide is up and the water tower are up. The tower is the old one from RC, tho. They told us from the beginning that it was going to be put into there. I think they are making the pool shallower by a foot, also, which is in progress. I think things are still on track with no delays, or at least, haven't heard of any. As far as the logo goes, I'm not sure. I haven't heard anything as far as a specific theme goes to the pool, but I assume it's still the good old country waterin hole.

WDWdriver
03-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks, AJ. Please let us know if you learn anything more.

Figaro
03-01-2009, 09:53 PM
I stand corrected...supposedly it'll be like 4ft deep at deepest point...they did some tile work to the kiddy pool, too.

AndrewJackson
03-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I stand corrected...supposedly it'll be like 4ft deep at deepest point...they did some tile work to the kiddy pool, too.

Figaro - Can you find out if they are still going to have a kids spray area?

Figaro
03-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Haven't heard to the contrary...

gmgdisneymom
03-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Do we know when it will be finished?

Thumper_ehhhhh
03-05-2009, 08:39 PM
I read elsewhere that it is opening Mar 20.

gmgdisneymom
03-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Wonderful - we will be there 4/11 - 4/17. I will let everyone know how it is!:mickey:

tjstrike
03-06-2009, 11:41 PM
That is excellent news, we get there on the 21st !! (of march)

:joy:

Thanks for all the updates folks.

brer rabbit101
03-14-2009, 07:06 PM
ooh! I can't wait to use the new pool!!! I am visiting soon. My family and I are going to have a blast in that pool!!! :cap:

Thumper_ehhhhh
03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I just read it wont be done until mid april now. Sorry to post the bad news for those going down before then.

tjstrike
03-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Talked to the front desk people the other day making my requests (5 days and counting), and that's what they said, mid April. :mad:

gmgdisneymom
03-17-2009, 12:40 PM
i wonder what their definition of "mid" is - I hope it is when I am there

csdavis
03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Please post pics when it is done!

Thumper_ehhhhh
04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Ok this is the latest. POOL OPENS TOMMOROW APRIL 10 2009. The splash pad isn't done yet. That wont open for another month. I have the link to the site with the pics on it if anybody wants to see the finished product. To those who have already pmed me it's the same link I gave you before. I have to tell you i'm very impressed with what I see. The pool is around 3 1/2 to 4 ft deep.

Figaro
04-10-2009, 05:13 PM
POOL IS OPEN!

Thats right... Pool is open. We finished work on it yesterday. A bunch of us got the pool chairs set out and tested the waterslide. Just FYI... The slide is a blast!! I worked all day with a few other folks to get it ready to open today. It is a beautiful pool. The entire pool is 3ft 6in. The theme of the slide is indeed railroad, also. Our magical moment also gears towards a railroad theme. The new hot tub is awesome, also. The kids spray area is still under construction, also.

dmosher
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Great news for us WL lovers. That means our pool will be lass popular once the word is out. Woohoo!
:pipes:
D

Thumper_ehhhhh
04-10-2009, 07:27 PM
POOL IS OPEN!

Thats right... Pool is open. We finished work on it yesterday. A bunch of us got the pool chairs set out and tested the waterslide. Just FYI... The slide is a blast!! I worked all day with a few other folks to get it ready to open today. It is a beautiful pool. The entire pool is 3ft 6in. The theme of the slide is indeed railroad, also. Our magical moment also gears towards a railroad theme. The new hot tub is awesome, also. The kids spray area is still under construction, also.

Great job by all. Kind of suprised Disney didnt catch this though. It might have been fixed by now not sure. Someone noticed with the pictures that have been showing up here and there that on both sides of the slide you have the depth marked. I beleive one side said 3ft 9 inches / 1 meter the other side said 3ft 5 inches / 1 meter. Kinda funny. Canadains notice this kind of stuff. This might need fixing. 3ft 5 inches / 1 meter being closest to 1 meter of the 2. Other than that this is something that will be enjoyed by all for years to come. Hopefully next year for us. Keep up the good work.

WDWdriver
04-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Good news! :party2:
Glad to hear it's finally open.

SFTrny
04-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Pictures?!?!?

Thumper_ehhhhh
04-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I dont think Im alowed to post pictures on here. If you pm me I can send you the link to them.

joonyer
04-15-2009, 02:39 PM
The pool looks pretty cool in the pics I have seen, although I wish it still had a deep(er) section. My boys are already looking forward to using it when we go back to FW this fall.

gmgdisneymom
04-20-2009, 11:57 AM
We just got back and the pool was finished - my kids loved it. The tile work around the edges is beautiful. The slide was great also. The splash area is not done. It appears to be about the size of the pool.

I have to make a comment about the lifeguards. My daughter went down the slide and imm. sunk to the bottom. The guards were there in a flash and pulled her out. She said that she "forgot" how to swim (she learned how to swim last year) they were WONDERFUL. I give them a very big shout out.

Figaro
04-23-2009, 10:13 PM
We just got back and the pool was finished - my kids loved it. The tile work around the edges is beautiful. The slide was great also. The splash area is not done. It appears to be about the size of the pool.

I have to make a comment about the lifeguards. My daughter went down the slide and imm. sunk to the bottom. The guards were there in a flash and pulled her out. She said that she "forgot" how to swim (she learned how to swim last year) they were WONDERFUL. I give them a very big shout out.

Ill pass it along to them....If you remember the name of the person... pass it along to me... :) The current at the bottom is a strong one and it happens....that's why we're there :)

BTW... If anyone is visiting anytime soon... give me a shout... I might see you at the pool!

Camping Mom
04-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Is there any pictures released of how this is going to look yet? I'm really excited about it! When I stayed at FW a few years ago, I thought the pool was the only weakness of the resort.

I didn't read thru all the answers to see if this got answered but I saw pics on another website. Looks like the old pool with a little bit of River Country brought in to make a slide.

Thumper_ehhhhh
05-24-2009, 07:16 PM
splash pad is done and open for buisness now.

IDreamofEeyore
05-24-2009, 09:47 PM
I just noticed this thread and am so glad to hear that the FW pool has been upgraded! Always loved staying there, but after they quit letting you swim in the bay and they closed RC, we really missed having a fun pool.