PDA

View Full Version : Can I take my pillow on the plane??

Gregandmel
09-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Ok - probably a silly question, but I have a specific sleeping pillow I need to take with me on our upcoming trip. (standard size) Can I take this with me on the plane by itself, or would it be considered a carry-on? Does anyone know? I dont' want to pack it in my suitcase because it will take up too much space. Thoughts anyone??????

luvnwdw
09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm with you, I'd really like to know also, I have my own pillow I'd like to take but it's body pillow. Can't sleep without it.

Ed
09-14-2008, 03:41 PM
The rules on that vary by airline; check with your airline.

My guess is that a regular pillow would be allowed as carry-on, but a body pillow would need to be checked.

luvnwdw
09-14-2008, 06:59 PM
we are flying Delta, I tried to call earlier but was on hold for quite a while, I don't think I'll try calling again, after reading their web site regarding luggage allowances, I believe you are correct. I can always take a king pillow case and ask housekeeping for 2-extra pillows. Either way it will all work out.
Thank you

countrycharmer
09-14-2008, 07:09 PM
My daughter has health issues and we prefer our own pillows, and we have always had to check the larger ones in and count the other as carry on.