PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled the DDP

Trevdisneyvac
09-14-2008, 11:17 AM
I am wondering if I made the right choice. My DS and DD both just like pizza, hotdogs and burgers. We had the DDp all lined up but the last time we went to DW we seemed to spend a lot of times in the restaurants. So we are going on a wing and just going to grab a sandwich whenever we get hungry. What are your thoughts on this. Good move or a bad move.

Sharon1026
09-14-2008, 11:58 AM
If that is your eating preference, then yes, you won't get your money's worth out of the ddp.

SBETigg
09-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a good move for your family. If you don't like sticking to planned meals and prefer sandwiches, pizza, etc, you're better off without the regular dining plan. You might want to check into the Quick Service Dining Plan they're introducing for next year if you're going back in 2009.

mouseketeer mom
09-14-2008, 12:17 PM
We did the deluxe dining plan in August and my family says No more dining plan next time!!!! It was sooo much food. Our trip became all about eating. I would perhaps do the basic plan in the future, but would not do deluxe again.

Polynesian Dweller
09-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Good move. I agree that one of the negative aspects of the DDP is that it makes your trip center around meal times. And meals always seem to take a lot of time out of your day.

That time that you can't spend in the park (plus the 15minutes before and after a meal to get to and from the restaurant) is something a lot of people forget to consider when determining if the DDP is good idea for them. So it seems to me that you've done a good and full analysis of what's right for you and so it will be. Have a great trip!:mickey:

kakn7294
09-14-2008, 12:59 PM
We enjoy the DDP but we went without it in August and I have to say that we enjoyed that as well. We weren't tied to big meals everyday and we often just ate junk food if we felt like it - after all, we were on vacation! I think you made the right choice for you.

Donald
09-14-2008, 02:13 PM
They need a dining plan for Mickey ears and dole whips!!:papple::bar: