PDA

View Full Version : Which hotel has the best towel creatures?

Disneyfamilyof3
09-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Hi, :mickey:

We will be @WDW in less than a week:thumbsup: We will be staying at PoP ; and I seem to forget: do the mousekeepers leave towel "art" there ?

Probably the best towel creatures and creative window/room displays with my son's toys was @ Caribbean Beach Resort.

Anyone else? ;)

TinkerbellT421
09-14-2008, 12:03 AM
When we were there, our mousekeepers did in fact leave towel art on the windows/shelf area and on the sink. Very cute. :mickey:

jonahbear2006
09-14-2008, 09:45 AM
We didnt get any towel animals at BC concierge level. :0(
Did we not tip enough? We gave her $1 per person per day.
I didn't think that anything the maid did went beyond her call.

JoDisney
09-14-2008, 09:47 AM
POP does do towel creatures. However, CBR does do it up right for the small ones. They even had a table set up at the food court teaching children to make their own towel creatures.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-14-2008, 09:59 AM
We've stayed at the Pop in '06 and '07 and have seen the towel creatures. This year we're staying there again, and should see the funny looking towels on this years trip as well.

Next trip: November 24th thru Decmeber 5th:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
09-14-2008, 10:02 AM
The towel creatures appear to be done by the individual maids. We have had great towel creatures at almost all the resorts we have stayed in. However, our last trip to WL was a bust as far as towel creatures. Also, last week at CR was a disappointment. It doesn't seem to matter how much you leave for a tip, some maids just don't do the towel thing! :confused:

MickeyMousse
09-14-2008, 10:22 AM
The only time we had towel creatures was at YC in 1999. Our housekeeper left daily creatures and incorporated our DS's toys. We were greeted into our room on any given day by:
-a huge elephant with toy Woody sitting on top
-a parade of bunnies lined up from our door to our bed where we found a nest of them-and on the floor was a note "Welcome Home!"
-a canoe with DS's toy Woody, Buzz and Mickey sitting inside
-a pile of our DS's new toys/stuffed animals with hidden towel creatures in between

Only one housekeeper did this for us...we could tell when she had a day off!!!!

We still have one of the bunnies! :mickey:

Our youngest DS has never experienced this, so we're crossing our fingers for our next trip!

DizneyRox
09-14-2008, 10:31 AM
In my many years of going to WDW, I have not even once seen a towel animal in my room. This includes, a wedding stay and the Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, Pop Centry, Coronado Springs, Riverside, Boardwalk, and I'm sure there are others. Actually, several times we've had to ask for more towel becuase they didn't leave enough.

We did get them on the DCL though, that was just about every day.

mouseketeer mom
09-14-2008, 12:25 PM
We got great towel creatures at the CR last Thanksgiving. We had luck at the Poly too. I think it is more about the individual mousekeeper, then about the resort.

E-OR
09-14-2008, 12:39 PM
We have come back to our room at AKL and have seen some great towel animals. Our mousekeepers were extra special there.

shev
09-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I stayed in ASM in 2007 and didn't get any fun towels. I just assumed it was because my kids were older.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-14-2008, 05:41 PM
It does depend on the Mousekeeper, not all them know how to make them or have the time to make them. Tips won't make a difference, but you can always see if a note might help.

Disney expects those rooms to be turned over in as short of time as possible. They have to clean like 20 rooms or more in 8 hours. Making towel-animals takes extra time and a lot of the Mousekeepers do them on their breaks or before clocking in.

TammiMcMan
09-14-2008, 06:04 PM
It really has nothing to do with tipping or ages of the guests in the room. It's just one of those "extras" that may or may not happen during your stay. As pointed out, it's up to the individual housekeeper and how much extra time they have for each room.

Towel animals are sort of in the same category as upgrades. Because we hear about them on the message boards, they come to be an anticipated amenity instead of a pleasant surprise. Like upgrades though, they're not something that automatically happen to everyone. If you want to guarantee a nightly towel animal, you probably should look into booking a cruise. They're standard in every stateroom, every night, but their room steward schedules are very different than what you'd find at the resorts.

TheRustyScupper
09-15-2008, 10:31 AM
1) All maids are taught "basic" towel animals.
2) Some get further training on "advanced" animals.
3) They are all referenced within the training manual.
4) In most cases, whether you get animals is based upon
. . . the spare time of the individual maid
. . . the energy level of the maid
. . . the willingness of the maid
. . . the direction of the resort's managers
. . . the phase of the moon
5) Managers can order/demand maids to do towel animals.
6) However, this takes away cleaning time
. . . . the maids get incentive pay for fast room cleaning
. . . so, this can impact their income/pay
. . . the resort has to give incentive credit for mandated animals
. . . some resorts do not want to pay the added incentive

Imagineer1981
09-15-2008, 12:56 PM
It really does depend on the resort and the mousekeeper. We've had animals once, sometimes every night, and most times not at all. Really just depends

Belster
09-15-2008, 10:21 PM
When we stayed at Pop we were given towel creatures daily. They used my daughter's toys and such for some very magical creations. :mickey:

MaxPower
09-16-2008, 01:19 AM
I have only seen them at Poly.

BeccaO
09-16-2008, 10:33 AM
We have received a ton of them on trips to the GF, and other trips received none. All trips we left a decorated envelope in the room everyday with the tip money in it, so it really does not matter if you leave a tip or not as to whether you will get the towel animals. We have some really neat ones at home, some very intricate and some not so fancy, but all were a surprise and greatly appreciated. We always got them from a sweet little asian lady that works the Royal Palm Level rooms at the GF. She gave us some pretty fancy ones, sometimes when we would pass her in the hallway she would give them to us!!!

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Our first time staying on property was at POR. After no towel animals for 2 days, our friend made a request at the front desk, and VOILA! We had towel animals the next day. I chalk it up to the mousekeeper- they must have switched us for one day because that's the only day it happened!

Darbylew
09-16-2008, 11:14 AM
We stay at POFQ and there are always towel
creatures but not every day. The children love
them. We have had them at all the resorts that
we have stayed at. :thumbsup::mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT
AND GOING BACK IN OCTOBER!!
:mickey::D

Lynn J Mc
09-16-2008, 11:45 AM
We've stayed at the repeatedly at the CR, Poly, Coronado, and one night at the POP. The one night at the POP was the only time I have ever seen towel animals. I wondered was it ok to take them with us. We didn't but it would have been a neat souveneir.

Mom2Princess'
09-16-2008, 01:28 PM
We have always had flower animals. The best was at POP a couple of years ago a couple of weeks before Halloween. When we came back for our afternoon siesta, the whole front window was decorated with hanging ghosts. There were probably 4 or 5 hung at different levels. It was really adorable!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-16-2008, 03:09 PM
We've stayed at the repeatedly at the CR, Poly, Coronado, and one night at the POP. The one night at the POP was the only time I have ever seen towel animals. I wondered was it ok to take them with us. We didn't but it would have been a neat souveneir.

Actually, you can take them if you want. They usually expect people to. I was told this from one of the leaders at the Polynesian.

I've gotten them at almost all the resorts I've stayed at - Pop, OKW (both DVC and non-DVC), WL, VWL, POFQ, SSR, AKV, BC, and Boardwalk.

Wickster1970
09-18-2008, 09:22 AM
I hope that we get an energetic mousekeeper without a lot of rooms to clean when we go in April. :mickey: I know the kids would love it to come back to the room at night to see an animal or two around. We already plan on leaving a daily mousekeeping tip of $2 (is this the usual amount?)

disneymom15
09-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Our most recent trip (Aug) at POP all the windows of the rooms had at least one towel animal. We had a 7 year old first timer with us and hoped the maids would leave more. On our second to last day, I spotted the maid a few doors down and gave my daughter $5 to give to her and asked if they could leave some animals in the room for a surprise. She came back with 3 animals. Later when the room was cleaned they did up the window with even more animals.

Insanity Clause
09-18-2008, 03:12 PM
We will be staying at POR and will be traveling with 3 small children who would love the towel art. They would find it magical. Has anyone had the towel art at POR?

mshomeschoolmom
09-18-2008, 07:56 PM
How are the mousekeepers with the towels animals at ASMU?

hardingella
09-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Stayed at POP twice, and we always got great creations in our window. Kids used to run back to the room each day to see what was in the window, they were always dissapointed when there was nothing.Hope it doesnt stop just because the kids arnt little anymore. Isnt that why we go to Disney, so we can be kids again!:mickey:

yjgirl32
09-19-2008, 08:33 AM
We got a few when we stayed at CBR. They also put my ds3 had stuffed animals that they placed all around the room. It was very cute and my ds3 loved it.