PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP Questions

Stormer
09-13-2008, 09:37 PM
We are going to MNSSHP the first week of Oct. My kids are obsessed with characters. I would like for them to try and see the Pooh group in their costumes, the 7 Dwarfs and possibly a few villians. Do the lines for these characters get any shorter as the night goes on? Will I be wasting a lot of time trying to see all of these? Any tips?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Well, here is my tip.

Spend the first part of the day resting and relaxing at the resort. Then aim to get into the park at 4pm with your ticket and use the time from 4-7 to ride rides. Lines are usually pretty short. We rode Space, BTM, Pirates, and others in like an hour.

Then around 6:30-7, line up to meet Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. Their line has been the busiest every night. They do a mini parade around the Tea Cups and then set up where the topiarys are usually at. Pooh and friends should be by their playground area if I am not mistaken.

Then visit the Toontown Treat Trails for Alice and other characters in their Halloween outfits, notably Mickey and Minnie.

9:30 is the fireworks, I recommend on Main Street or by Sleepy Hollow. If you're there by Sleepy Hollow, you can just wait and see the parade.

The last Villains Mix and Mingle is at 11:30ish. The villains will then come out and do photos only. It's a great opportunity.

sophie peach
09-14-2008, 07:27 AM
great idea!!:mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-14-2008, 08:23 AM
anyone know what time the first parade is? I know it is busier... but we have little ones....

luvDaMouse
09-14-2008, 12:03 PM
the first parade is at 8:15 just make sure to get there at least 10 to 15 minutes early to see the headless horseman! I liked seeing it from Main street :)

joanna71985
09-14-2008, 04:39 PM
We are going to MNSSHP the first week of Oct. My kids are obsessed with characters. I would like for them to try and see the Pooh group in their costumes, the 7 Dwarfs and possibly a few villians. Do the lines for these characters get any shorter as the night goes on? Will I be wasting a lot of time trying to see all of these? Any tips?

Unfortunately the Snow White group and the villians have the longest lines of all the characters. I would do the Snow White group first, then do the Pooh characters since they are nearby (just like Jessica said). Just be aware that the Pooh characters don't all come out at the same time. They come out in groups of 2.

Imagineer1981
09-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Jessica has the right plan...as always:thumbsup:

momofaprincess
09-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Does the Snow White group usually come out right at 7pm when the party starts? We have ressies at LTT at 7:35 and were wondering if we should try to catch them first. We are thinking about doing the party 2 nights as a treat to the kids since we don't have many TS ressies this year. Is that crazy?

3AMommy
09-15-2008, 11:58 AM
We had a GREAT time!

We watched the early parade...TIP - go through adventureland toward Splash Mountain. Just past Pecos Bill's on the right hand side there will be a small triangle space that will be roped and taped off. We stood right behind this (it's across the street from SM) and that is exactly where the parade starts. What a great view and we didn't have to wait on Main Street for the parade to get to us.

We rode POTC and I am not exaggerating...there was NO ONE on the ride. There were two empty boats in front and at least two behind. The castmember laughed when we told her we just rode it to give her something to do!

Snow White and the Dwarves came out around 9 o'clock. There was a line forming along the railing just past Poohs Thotful Spot and before Toontown.

We got TONS of candy. Way too much. I didn't think it was cheap either...Ghiradelli caramel chocolate squares, anyone???

The Hallowishes fireworks were phenomenal!! We actually walked behind the castle kind of behind the carousel toward the Pooh ride and literally the fireworks were all around us.

My family went dressed as the characters from Hercules and the castmembers were going crazy for it!!! We actually got a standing ovation and an "unofficial" best family costume award from a large group of castmembers welcoming the crowds.

Needless to say...it was unforgettable and a wonderful last night in the Kingdom!

3AMommy:mpumpkin:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Does the Snow White group usually come out right at 7pm when the party starts? We have ressies at LTT at 7:35 and were wondering if we should try to catch them first. We are thinking about doing the party 2 nights as a treat to the kids since we don't have many TS ressies this year. Is that crazy?

They start just after 7. They come out from near Mrs. Potts, go around the Tea Cups from the back and they come to take their seats between the two little blue circle fences. To give you an idea, it's where they normally put a topiary or where Donald/Scrooge do meets during Christmas. The line starts there and goes towards Toontown. The first night, first set, it was already well past that sign.

Hayden's Dad
09-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know where the storyetller that tells the story of sleepy hollow is located? That would be really cool to hear right before the headless horesman rides past.

TINKinTX
09-16-2008, 01:57 AM
When you watch the Villains Mix & Mingle....stand off to the right or at least move there quickly after the show. We were some of the first people in line to catch Malificient and the Queen from Snow White as they came down the side! It was a great spot!:mickey: