PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever do this? (complicated situation)

DisneyAggies
09-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Here's our situation...

DH and I booked 2 rooms last year for the bounce back promo this fall. 1 room is in my name, and the other in DH's name. (Both rooms were reserved and paid in full with the same cc.) My sister is going with us now--and she's booked in my room.

What I want to know is how hard will it be (at check in) to get myself put into the room with DH and our children? What do I need to ask? (trying to make it as NON-confusing as possible for the CM...) Will there be an extra charge for it? Hopefully, when all is said and done, my sister will be in the other room by herself, and DH, myself, and the boys will be together in our room.

Ugh...does that make any sense? :confused:
Just looking for some help. TIA!

miprender
09-13-2008, 04:57 PM
I would think it wouldn't be a problem if all you are doing is booking the rooms. I believe you are allowed 2 adults & 2 children per room.

judoma
09-13-2008, 05:29 PM
The only problem that this may cause is with the kttw card for room charges.

For example if your sister stays in the room reserved under your name, you would want your room charges on your credit card and her room charges on her own credit card. You should ask the CM when checking in if it is possible to separate them that way. I wouldn't even mention the fact that you are not staying in your reserved room. Not that it's not allowed because it is, but that part may complicate your request when explaining it to the CM. :mickey:

DisneyAggies
09-13-2008, 05:56 PM
See, that's the issue...I want out of HER room so that her charges go onto HER ccard (that she'll put down at check in for charging privileges), and my KTTW to go to OUR credit card--hence moving me from the other room.

Anyone understanding??

judoma
09-13-2008, 06:06 PM
I would ask the CM at check in to connect her kttw card to her credit card and yours to your own card. I've never done this before but I would imagine that it could be done and probably happens pretty often.

Maybe you can call the resort ahead of time and say "There is another adult in my room and I would like their kttw card connected to their own credit card, is this possible?"

Good luck!:mickey:

DisneyAggies
09-13-2008, 06:19 PM
But, if I'm not booked in the room with DH and our kids, then my KTTW wouldn't unlock the door to the room with DH and DSs in it now, would it? :( So, I'd need to have DH's KTTW card with me or have the boys stuff in the other room too?? :confused:

Ugh...

It would be so simple if I could just change from...

Room #1
DH
DS1
DS2

Room #2
Myself
My Sister

to...

Room #1
DH
DS1
DS2
Myself

Room #2
My Sister

Is that not possible to do at check in?

iheartmickey
09-13-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm sure they can put you in the room with your DH. You might confuse the CM a bit ... but I would think they could do it.

If they can't why not ask for an extra room key?

kellyisbusy
09-13-2008, 10:12 PM
I kind of have the same issue, last year booked two rooms 1 for me and 1 for hubby. My mom is going with us but I am not really concerned about the room charging stuff so I am keeping everything the same. I am wondering though it you have free dining and make all the changes if it will effect anything. Will it matter if you have additional guests now.

megustamex
09-14-2008, 01:58 AM
It's not really any easier to use the room charge vs. your credit card. Both take just as long to use when paying for things. My husband thought I was so silly for using the room charge last time instead of just paying directly on a card.

luvdiznee
09-14-2008, 12:20 PM
See, that's the issue...I want out of HER room so that her charges go onto HER ccard (that she'll put down at check in for charging privileges), and my KTTW to go to OUR credit card--hence moving me from the other room.

Anyone understanding??

Understand completely. As I'm in the same situation. I booked 2 rooms from last year one in my name, the other in older ds. Now got my sister with her son/my nephew coming. So got to get it switched. I posted a question very similar to this a bit ago. Not sure I got true confirmation that it can be done. But I will certainly try. I really don't see why. The KTTW cards aren't even printed until you actually get there. But good luck to you. :mickey:

DisneyAggies
09-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks, luvdiznee!
I'll have to let you know if it works...when's your trip? We check in on the 25th!

luvdiznee
09-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks, luvdiznee!
I'll have to let you know if it works...when's your trip? We check in on the 25th!

OMG, how funny. :D Well I geuss we will be finding out if it works about the same time, since we check in on the 24th. :thumbsup:We will be at WL. We will have to definitely compare notes when we get back (30th for us). Have a great trip. :mickey:

DisneyAggies
09-14-2008, 08:14 PM
LOL
That's too funny!!

We get back on Oct. 3--so yes, we'll have to compare notes...or we could just exchange cell numbers! ;)

Enjoy your trip!

BTW, I'll be the Mommy pushing the double stroller with 2 devilishly handsome boys in it! :mickey:

disneyers
09-14-2008, 10:21 PM
I would really advise you to call Disney and ask!!

I say this because I'm 99.9% sure that the room that you are staying in must be in your name before you get there. We were there at Easter - the trip was a gift from my in laws. They paid for all 5 of their kids (and all grandkids) to go. Each room had to be in each kids name from the get go.

So the room my husband and I stayed in had to be in our name, even though his parents were paying. Disney had to send the summary/ bill for the reservation to our house and everything! (DH's mom told us not to look at the bill!)

I hope you have a great trip - I can't wait until my sister can go with us! :mickey:

pixiesmimi
09-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Not sure if this is the same thing or not but our DD booked her family of 6 in two rooms at ASMovies for Dec. Something came up and both older boys (one considered an adult) who were staying in the second room weren't going to be able to go. She asked DH and I if we wanted to take their room. Of course we jumped on it. She was going through MJ and Wendy said she had to book a room on that reservation in our name first and then she cancelled the room in the boys' names to keep from having to cancel the whole reservation for changes. Then she connected the rooms.

You might want to contact MJ and go through them for the changes and let them handle it since they do things like this all the time.

TheRustyScupper
09-15-2008, 01:47 PM
I would ask the CM at check in to connect her kttw card to her credit card and yours to your own card. I've never done this before but I would imagine that it could be done and probably happens pretty often.

1) Moving people around is done all the time.
2) Just ask at the front desk.
3) I would write down who is in what room.
4) They can assign peopel and keys more easily.

5) As for room keys and credit card charges
. . . Every room key with charging can be tied to a different credit card.
. . . Those arriving at same time or even later can tie their key to their own credit card.
. . . Have them ask for a "SHARE" when they check-in. (Use this specific word.)
. . . If CM doesn't know how, ask them to check the Front Desk Manual.

Example:
Mom and daughter in same room.
Mom can have her room key tied to the mother's MasterCard for mother's purchases.
Daughter can have her room key tied to the daughter's VISA for daughter's purchases.

Process:
. . . mom checks in, with her credit card, just as usual and gets room #1212
. . . daughter tells Front Desk CM this is a "SHARE" room
. . . daughter must use this exact phrase, as it has special meaning
. . . daughter checks-in using her credit card and gets a virtual room #1212a
. . . repeat for as many credit cards room people want to use
. . . mother and daughter (and others) purchases now go to individual credit cards
. . . one or both could pay a part of the room bill
. . . the 1st to check-in gets charges for phones or room service (system glitch)
. . . this can be done for as many room keys that have charge privileges

NOTE: If the Front Desk refuses, ask for the Front Desk Adviser (FSA). If the Adviser refuses, ask for a manager. If the manager refuses, ask for the Guest Services Manager (GSM). The magic words, are "I will go as high up the chain as I have to go in order to get what is in your own Procedure Manual." Managers get dinged if a complaint goes above their level. Also, using terms like SHARE and FSA get attention, because employees realize that you know what you are talking about.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Like Rusty Scooper said, charging privileges can be set up however you want....when we went last, my mom put her own deposit down with a credit card for her KTWC....and I put down cash on mine, there were no problems and no mixups....my sister was also in the room and she just used her debit card and put nothing on her KTWC...everything worked out fine. The only problem might be if you have the dining plan...everyone in the room must be on the dining plan and all credits are pooled together.

DisneyAggies
09-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Yep, we're on dining...so that would be another issue--

So...from what I understand I can get moved over to the room with DH and DSs--just need to make sure the CM understands, right? 'Cause the other way (splitting charging, etc) is just too complicated!!

luvdiznee
09-15-2008, 07:18 PM
1) Moving people around is done all the time.
2) Just ask at the front desk.
3) I would write down who is in what room.
4) They can assign peopel and keys more easily.

5) As for room keys and credit card charges
. . . Every room key with charging can be tied to a different credit card.
. . . Those arriving at same time or even later can tie their key to their own credit card.
. . . Have them ask for a "SHARE" when they check-in. (Use this specific word.)
. . . If CM doesn't know how, ask them to check the Front Desk Manual.

Example:
Mom and daughter in same room.
Mom can have her room key tied to the mother's MasterCard for mother's purchases.
Daughter can have her room key tied to the daughter's VISA for daughter's purchases.

Process:
. . . mom checks in, with her credit card, just as usual and gets room #1212
. . . daughter tells Front Desk CM this is a "SHARE" room
. . . daughter must use this exact phrase, as it has special meaning
. . . daughter checks-in using her credit card and gets a virtual room #1212a
. . . repeat for as many credit cards room people want to use
. . . mother and daughter (and others) purchases now go to individual credit cards
. . . one or both could pay a part of the room bill
. . . the 1st to check-in gets charges for phones or room service (system glitch)
. . . this can be done for as many room keys that have charge privileges

NOTE: If the Front Desk refuses, ask for the Front Desk Adviser (FSA). If the Adviser refuses, ask for a manager. If the manager refuses, ask for the Guest Services Manager (GSM). The magic words, are "I will go as high up the chain as I have to go in order to get what is in your own Procedure Manual." Managers get dinged if a complaint goes above their level. Also, using terms like SHARE and FSA get attention, because employees realize that you know what you are talking about.

I'm going to put all my cards on this!:fingers:I hope I'm not taking it too lightly, or sound as if I am, because it does matter to me as well. But just can't do nothing til I get there. 9 more days...:drill::cap::marg:

Magic Smiles
09-15-2008, 08:48 PM
I really have no idea, but my only question would be: Is the bounce back offer tied to the persons names who was in the original room when you booked this trip? If so would you not loose the discount if you change the name on the reservation?

Fangorn
09-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Checked in on 9/9 with nearly the same situation, but even more complicated. Last year DW and I booked 2 rooms using the bounce back. The plan was to come with DS#1 and his wife. Had to set it up such that DW and DDIL were in one room and I and DS#1 were in the other. In the course of the past year, DS#2 and his wife decided to come along so we added them to one room. Then DS#3 and his wife got some last minute leave (he's in the Army) and joined us as well. We added them to the other room.

So we ended up with 8 people in 2 rooms but not in the right rooms. We also wanted each couple to have charging ability, but on their own credit card.

DW and I arrived first, and checked everyone in. The young lady at the desk had no issue with what we wanted to do - she said she was used to the situaion as it happens frequently. She asked us to write down who should be in each room - she said it would just be easier for all concerned. Her biggest concern was that if the process wasn't done properly, the tickets and the dining plan might disappear and she wanted to make sure that didn't happen. Consequently, there was a lot of checking, double checking and then triple checking. We picked up all the room keys, and only had ours set up to charge to our credit card. As we were walking away from the counter, DS#1 arrived and he attached a credit card to his room keys. DS#2 arrived a couple hours later and did the same thing. DS#3 arrived that night and didn't put a CC on the account.

Everything went smoothly except that the DME luggage folks got a bit confused with who was in which room and didn't deliver the luggage until we called - at which point they had it in the room within 5 minutes.

So don't worry about it. Write down the names of who goes where and have it for the CM at check-in. They shouldn't have a problem setting things up correctly.

Steve

:mickey:

DisneyAggies
09-16-2008, 11:19 AM
I really have no idea, but my only question would be: Is the bounce back offer tied to the persons names who was in the original room when you booked this trip? If so would you not loose the discount if you change the name on the reservation?

THAT'S the million dollar question! My sister's on the ressie now (getting the bounceback deal too), but will that change if I take myself off her room?

IDK...regardless, WDW already has all their money, so I wouldn't think it'd be that big a deal.

thrillme
09-16-2008, 12:13 PM
If everybody's booked with the free dining plan then blow off using the room key to charge and just each use your own charge cards.

I really don't see why each room key can't be given it's own charge card. Once you're checked in it shouldn't matter who sleeps with who. You're still not exceeding the number.

I guess where I'm confused is why did you book two rooms in the first place if your sister just announced she was going? Is she possibly going to bring someone who's currently not on the plan?

pdrlkr
09-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't think you should say anything about who's sleeping where. That will not change a thing and they're not going to care because you're not exceeding the limit. As for the meal plan. That is put on your room key with your name on it. Everyone gets their own key with their name on it. now the credit card. When you check, in you can use any credit card you want to put room charges on. It doesn't have to be the one you paid for the reservation with. You just tell them you want all the charges for your room on your credit card and you want all the charges for the room your sister will be in on her credit card.

gerald72
09-16-2008, 08:17 PM
I would think you only problems you would run into is if your husband starts sleeping in your sister's room.

Dakota Rose
09-16-2008, 11:40 PM
I would think you only problems you would run into is if your husband starts sleeping in your sister's room.

:funny:

I think you should talk to a travel agent like MJ regarding losing the discount or the rate changing if you make this change.

If it does affect your rate, you could split the credit card charge feature as instructed by other posters. And the room key issue? Well, won't your sons' cards have access to their room? Presumably one of them will be with you when you go the room,? Or you'll have their keys in your possession?