PDA

View Full Version : When will Southwest release their April fares?

Beckybalz
09-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Does anyone have any idea when Southwest will release their April fares? Airfare from MA to Orlando for the week of April 19-25 is sky high. I am really hoping that Southwests rates will be a little lower!

kakn7294
09-13-2008, 10:50 AM
According to the website, it's supposed to be on or around Nov 6. Bear in mind that they do tend to change that date.

sillyolbear
09-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Based on the info on their website, it looks like on November 6th they will open the schedule through May 8th.

merlinmagic4
09-13-2008, 07:03 PM
I bought for that same week back in June. I got 218 round trip for non stop flights on Delta. I hope SW offers you a great deal!

Wickster1970
09-14-2008, 12:09 AM
We are traveling in late April as well and found our best fares with AirTran. When we checked a few weeks ago the direct flight from Dayton was a total of $910 for 5. A few days later is was $1075. We went ahead and got them at $1075 thinking that fares were only going to go higher, and I am glad we did because when we checked today, the lowest fares were through another airline totaling almost $1200.
I was going to hold out for Southwest, but when I saw prices starting to climb we acted.

My luck SW will have a special for something like $700. LOL

Good luck with your reservations! :)

thumperbug
09-14-2008, 11:32 AM
With the way airlines have been cutting flights and cutting out many non-stop flights...I would pretty much book the flights you want when you can. I generally fly SW due to the fact they are the major airline to fly out of the small airport 20 mins from my house and direct to Orlando. On the morning they opened up the dates I needed I booked right away. I was not happy with the prices but booked the flights to have them.

As of now all but 1 flight have sold out...I did some comparision shopping for other flights and maybe a better time on return flight...this would mean paying car service to travel to an airport an hour from home....and everything I found were hundreds of dollars more, most with at least 1 stop and horrible times.

So, in short...I am glad I booked when I did....at the price I did and that I didn't hold out for any specials.

I know with SW if the cut prices I can get a credit but based on the fact the flights are sold out....6 months prior to my trip....that is not likely to happen. But the price won't go up either.

Beckybalz
09-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Southwest is our only hope at this point. Non-stop airfare for our travel dates in April is at the ridiculously high price of $600 per person!

merlinmagic4
09-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Southwest is our only hope at this point. Non-stop airfare for our travel dates in April is at the ridiculously high price of $600 per person!

I would say Southwest is your best bet. I do remember last April that a JetBlue flight dropped to the incredibly low price of 450.00 RT/PP right before the trip (in March). I decided I couldn't drive 22+ hours with a 2 year old on a one week vacation so I bought them. Then I changed them to extend our trip and ended up paying 600.00 per person. That's why I was right on it in June when all the airlines started releasing.

Anyway, if you don't get SW, check in with JetBlue occasionally. You won't get a GREAT price but they might come down from the traditional 600-800 rt fares. It's a crazy time to travel but some of us have to do it :D