PDA

View Full Version : Any new Disney scrapbooks?

TINKinTX
09-13-2008, 01:55 AM
In 2004 I had found this amazing scrapbook at Wildnerness Lodge gift shop - it was black with a metal castle in the middle of it. Just gorgeous! Couldn't find it anywhere else. We are going this year in December and was wondering if there were some great scrapbooks to buy? Do they have special Christmas ones?:snowman:

AmandaChan
09-13-2008, 11:17 AM
If it's the one I'm thinking of I saw it at the Pop Century resort. I almost got it last time (even though I dont' scrapbook, but I thought about starting.) Maybe you can call and see if they sell them anywhere online?

Edit: I just noticed you said in 2004. Well, there IS one similar at Pop Century.

Darbylew
09-13-2008, 11:30 AM
I think they have great scrapbooks at all the
gif shops in the parks as well as the resorts. I
have seen some really neat ones. Have a great
time in the land of MICKEY and the MAGIC.
Been there, done that and going back in 31 days! :mickey::D

disney100%
09-22-2008, 04:57 PM
I bought the one you mentioned with the castle on our last trip (2006). I believe I purchased it at the Emporium, though I am not 100% positive. I am looking forward to see what new designs they will have (in 26 days!) so I can purchase another one and scrapbook our 2008 trip!

TINKinTX
10-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Beth,
You'll have to let me know what you find! I can't wait.

disney100%
10-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I'll be there in 8 days and will let you know as soon as I get back! I can't wait! :cloud9: Of course, on our last trip my son was 14 months and I took almost 300 pictures. Now, I'll be travelling with three kids, which means one of two things: I will take even more pictures because there are more kids experiencing Disney OR I will take significantly less because I just won't have the free hand to click the pictures!! :mickey: Good thing my mom and sister in law will be there to take pictures too!

TINKinTX
10-11-2008, 11:27 PM
I am curious if you'll take less pictures too. Our daughter will be 17 months during our trip and I imagine with backpacks and stoller, it just might be hard to take as many photos as I usually do.

Have a wonderful trip!:mickey:

WonderlandsMostWanted
10-15-2008, 04:41 PM
I believe there's a store downtown Disney that specializes in scrapbooking/photo stuff. Can't remember what it's called, but I think I remembered reading about it on the Disney World website, under the Downtown Disney shopping section. I bet they have a ton of stuff there. I've seen the most adorable Disney edging scissors on e-bay. I plan on picking up some scrapbooking stuff when I go in Decemeber!

disney100%
10-16-2008, 08:25 PM
I believe there's a store downtown Disney that specializes in scrapbooking/photo stuff. Can't remember what it's called, but I think I remembered reading about it on the Disney World website, under the Downtown Disney shopping section. I bet they have a ton of stuff there. I've seen the most adorable Disney edging scissors on e-bay. I plan on picking up some scrapbooking stuff when I go in Decemeber!

I think I read somewhere that World of Memories is closing I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on it! ;) I found a few unique things there on our last trip, but the craft store I go to in my area has a large selection of Disney scrapbooking materials (some are the same as at DtD) for a much reduced price. My sister in law took me to her local craft store in Texas when we visited earlier in the year and their Disney selection was amazing - I think I could have spent the whole day there and cleaned out my bank account! :blush: So, before heading to Disney and looking for scrapbooking materials, I would definitely check to see what your local stores have first and purchase only unique things from scrapbooking selections in Walt Disney World. I will be there in 2 days and will report back anything I see of interest and the status of World of Memories! :mickey:

TINKinTX
10-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks Beth! I'll be waiting for update....yeah! I also remember something about World of Memories closing. I'm in TX and have to admit we do have a ton of Disney stuff at Michaels and Hobby Lobby - both places I can use their weekly 40% off coupon. So, I am only really looking for unique Disney scrappin stuff - like that gorgeous castle scrapbook I got 3 years ago. I am hoping there's something waiting for me! Have a safe trip!

disney100%
10-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Well I am back and have little info on scrapbooking. We had a family emergency early in the week and my sister in law spent the night in the emergency room and left with some very upsetting news. I won't go into all the details, but I didn't want you to think I just didn't check things out. So, here's what I did notice. As for scrapbooks, I saw in several gift shops the Castle one we already mentioned here, though they had it in navy blue as well as a brown/black. Then there was another one with a foil looking type cover that was split into four squares (red, blue, green and purple) with their 2008 logo in the center. As for materials, they had a lot of the things available right at Michael's. Though, they did have a lot of page kits I haven't seen at there. They had the same punches I noticed on my last trip - though there was a 4 pack of pirate punches. I never made it all the way to the scrapbooking store at Downtown Disney, so I don't know if it still exists or if it is still even there what they have. Sorry I don't have more information, we are all still trying to get ourselves back together and help my sister in law cope with everything. She had surgery today and is home recovering.

TINKinTX
10-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Beth,
I am so sorry. I hope everything is okay. I've had enough tragedy in my family the last few years to sympathize completely without knowing anything. I'll say a little prayer for her. Thanks for even thinking about the scrapbooking supplies during this hard time.

disney100%
10-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Thank you for your kind thoughts! Things are settling in and luckily we have all our photos to share and keep our minds on other things.

By the way, I forgot to add - I took as many pictures as my last trip - 393!!! My mom and sister in law each took about 200. I am not sure where I found the time or extra hand to take pictures but I did! :mickey: I think I have already looked at them 10 times and am already thinking of when our next trip will be!!! I can't wait! I may be getting too excited - because I know it won't be until 2010. Of course, I firmly believe it is never too early to start planning your next trip to Disney! ;)