PDA

View Full Version : Rain

2Princesses4Us
09-12-2008, 10:50 PM
we leave on Wednesday and the ten-day forecast on weather.com shows possibility of rain EVERY day! :(
I'm so bummed....what are these Septmerber rainstorms like? do you just duck under cover and wait it out?

PittFan
09-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Before we left for WDW they were calling for rain EVERY day we were there. It only really rained twice in the 10 days we were there. I wouldn't worry about it. I'd rather be in the rain @ WDW, than be at home !!! :mickey:

DizneyRox
09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Like I always say... "Ain't you never taken a shower before?" :D

Rain is just something that happens, the parks continue to operate for the most part, just keep on truckin'

Strmchsr
09-13-2008, 08:06 AM
The Weather Channel's forecast is computer automated (no human involved) so it's really not one to be trusted too much other than for generalities. June through October there's a chance of a pop-up afternoon sea breeze thunderstorm EVERY day. They are generally less than an hour in duration, though they can be pretty intense. Check out the weather thread at the top of this forum or one of the local TV stations for a little better picture of what to expect on your vacation.

WDWFanatic
09-13-2008, 08:18 AM
We've had forcasts like that and didn't have much rain. We think Disney puts up a huge umbrella to keep you dry :thumbsup:.

But on the other hand, my friends just came back from a trip during Fay and said it was a great time to be there because everyone else hides and the lines weren't long. Just bring ponchos.

Have a great trip!

Sylvia
09-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Remember to take your ponchos with you every day.

If it starts to rain, many people will probably head for the exit, and the park you're visiting won't be as crowded.

If you're staying in a Disney resort, check the information channel (I think it's channel 19) each morning. In addition to the park hours, events, etc., (and some great background music:mickey:) the channel also has the weather forcast for the day, including the percent chance of rain.

Remember, even when it rains you'll still have fun. After all, you're in WDW.

disneymom15
09-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Our last trip (mid Aug) called for rain every day also, it only rained twice for maybe a total of 45 minutes. Like Strmchrs says, watch his link, he's the weather guru. I fnd his forecast to be the most accurate.

PetefromRI
09-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Typical Florida forecast.20-30% chance rain everyday with an isolated thunderstorm.Don't worry,you'll be fine.

sisterdisco
09-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Weather reports always say chance of rain/t-storms.
If you can buy ponchos before you leave...do it. Cause they are $8 each in the parks. Last week of August, we only had one day of hurricane related rain, where it rained from 11am to past midnight. A poncho was critical that day. Otherwise, if it rains, it is short lived (usually an hour or under).