Cast of characters:
Me, Christi
DH, Mark
DD6, Jenna
Our friends:
Jenn
her husband, Anthony,
their sons, Anthony ("little Ant") 6 and Matt 18 months

You can check out my worries in the Vacation Planning section to see how my day started (I don't know how to post a link). DH has been sick and this AM wanted me to see if my mom was available to go w/ us, in case he didn't feel up to it. But he's going.

So tonight's the night we're surprising the kids. We're all packed, the van's pretty well loaded. The kids think we're getting together to celebrate DH's birthday (yesterday). We eat dinner, and then I get the videocamera out, and Jenn gives the kids their backpacks that we've loaded up w/ t-shirts, guidebooks, autograph books, etc.

Out comes the stuff we've bought for them...Little Ant doesn't really know what to make of it all, and Jenna just thinks I did a lot of shopping today (she actually asked "what came in the mail today?") When she got to the Disney Dollars, it finally clicked, and she kept asking me, "Are we really going? really?" It was so cute.

And lasted for about three seconds, because then she abruptly burst into tears. "I don't wanna go on the plane! I don't like airplanes!" :confused: She's flown 2x before and never had a problem, not sure what this is all about. Anthony just up and said he wasn't going, and walked out of the room. Not excatly the reaction Jenn and I were hoping for!!! And of course the little one is running around the house, he has not idea what's going on, but is trying to grab everything that has Mickey on it!

So we get them calmed down, and Jenna even gets a little excited. We'd brought over our MK game to play, so Little Ant could kind see what's what. I don't think he really has any clue, though.

So, not the great excitement we were hoping for! Please spread some pixie dust that we have an uneventful flight and a great trip!

Oh, and DH has decided we need to leave by 4AM tomorrow b/c of the weather (our flight is at 7:30). UGH!!!

Will post reports when we return!!

ChipnDaleGal
09-13-2008, 06:39 AM
Too bad you didn't quite get the reaction you were joping for. You just can't prefict what kids will do. I hope your hubby feels better very quickly so he can enjoy the trip with you all. Hope your flight goes well and you all have a great time. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Oh boy. So much for the surprise!! I bet things get better from this point on..

tinkerbell04
09-13-2008, 09:40 AM
I think that the kids may have just been overwhelmed! I am sure that once you all get there, the trip will be great! Thanks for sharing and have a safe trip!

Lizzie
09-13-2008, 12:02 PM
What a crazy reaction. Hope you have a great trip.

faline
09-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Kids reactions can be so funny sometimes! I'll bet they still have a great time!