PDA

View Full Version : Our trip - DAY 1 (Aug 30th)

Pop Centurion
09-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Arrived at Pop around 10:00am extremely tired from getting absolutely no sleep the night before. Check-in was surprisingly short for a Saturday morning. We were told our room wasn't available until 3:00 and we had no idea what to do for 5 hours. As said, we were very tired and had no plans for parks that day. Dinner reservations weren't until 7:00 and I was worried we wouldn't get enough rest before then. Went into the food court which was mobbed and grabbed the first available table. Took turns getting breakfast while the other watched the carry on luggage at the table. After eating we decided to stroll around the resort to kill time and take pictures. Then deja vu hit..... We walked over to the bridge at hourglass lake and looked over the edge to spot some turtles when suddenly a thunderstorm hit. The same exact thing happened last year while looking over the bridge for turtles also. Talk about weird :shrug: So we ran for cover from the heavy rain until it slowed enough to go back to the main lobby without soaking my camera. Browsed around a bit more and just before 1:00 I decided to check if our room was ready. Sure enough it was :thumbsup:
Our request for a pool view in the 50's building never went through and we had a water view in the 60's building instead. We could have changed it but I realized it was a slightly shorter walk to the main lobby and buses so we kept it. Also the talk about Pop getting new mattresses is definitely true. Our mattresses had big tags on them that said Aug 22nd 2008. So they were changed 8 days before our arrival. Plus we saw the 70's building getting theirs also that day.
Anyway, after a few hours sleep we showered and headed to DTD for dinner at Wolfgang Pucks. Food was excellent as always. I finally tried the Pumpkin Ravioli and I'm so mad I didn't try it sooner. Talk about delicious!!! My girlfriend had the Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken which she wasn't crazy about. But she's a very picky eater and I actually thought it was pretty good. For dessert I had the Creme Brulee and she had the Carrot Cake. Both Delicious.
After Dinner we went in DQ for a while followed by some drinks and laughs at the AC and CW.

PittFan
09-12-2008, 06:11 PM
We were there @ the same time. I remember that storm! :D Thanks for reporting.

Lizzie
09-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the report!

Pop Centurion
09-12-2008, 09:35 PM
We were there @ the same time. I remember that storm! :D Thanks for reporting.
I wonder how many time we crossed paths without realizing we were fellow Intercotees. :D

tinkerbell04
09-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Sounds like it was a great day, thanks for sharing.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the report

ChipnDaleGal
09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Sounds like an enjoyable evening. I am glad you were able to get in your room and grab a quick nap on that new mattress. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
09-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Glad to hear you're all settled in your rooms and ready to enjoy all Disney has to offer!

iheartmickey
09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-17-2008, 07:28 PM
What a fine start! Thanks for sharing. Dinner sounds delicious.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-20-2008, 08:02 AM
I almost got the pumpkin ravioli in August at Wolfgangs and choose the meatloaf instead. Next time I'll try what you had! Thanks for the report!

Pop Centurion
09-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I almost got the pumpkin ravioli in August at Wolfgangs and choose the meatloaf instead. Next time I'll try what you had! Thanks for the report!Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I did. The sound of it never really appealed to me but others have raved about it so I gave it a try. I'm so glad I did and it will probably be my regular every time I go.

yjgirl32
09-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks for tht report. Can't wait to read the rest of your trip reports.

dtootsie42
09-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the report!