PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Consignment Experts...

luvdiznee
09-12-2008, 05:33 PM
How do I go about getting the most for my money? There is a new place opening here and they are taking childrens clothes, which I have plenty of. Do you go in with a set price for your "bunch"? How do I go about coming up with an amount for each item or the entire "bunch" of clothing? Any ideas would be appreciated. :thumbsup:Want to get some good spending cash for our upcoming trip. :mickey:

1EeyoreFan
09-12-2008, 06:56 PM
I am not sure how all shops work, but I have used the same store for close to 3 yrs. now and they set the price they sell the items for. The profit from the item sold is split 50/50 minus tax. It's much more profitable than having a yard sale and no hassle.

We also have HUGE consignment sales in our area a few times a yr. (Just went to one today). You price and tag your own items and you get 70% of the profit.

luvdiznee
09-13-2008, 11:16 AM
We also have HUGE consignment sales in our area a few times a yr. (Just went to one today). You price and tag your own items and you get 70% of the profit.

Yes, this is what is going on today, here, too. I wasn't sure though, if I was setting the price or them. Thanks. And yes, agree, less of a hassle. :mickey: