PDA

View Full Version : How to get conjoining rooms??

jaredkari
09-11-2008, 10:43 PM
My wife and I and her sister and family are all going to WDW this January. We haven't booked our resort yet but are going to this weekend. We are going to stay at Coronado Springs and was wondering how we get conjoing rooms. Do we request them when we make the reservation or do we have to wait til we check in to see if they have any available?? Thanks :mickey:

judoma
09-11-2008, 11:29 PM
When I did this last year, I asked for the conjoining rooms when I made the reservation and my request was fullfilled. It would probably help if you made the reservation together instead of you making yours and your in laws making theirs separately. Good luck! :mickey:

danicafan
09-12-2008, 01:11 AM
I just made our reservations for January a couple of weeks ago and I just made all 3 resrevations together and told them which two rooms I wanted connected and then the other one nearby. Hopefully we won't have any problems at check-in but I'm sure it will be corrected at that time if there is a problem since it is on our reservation request.

Itchy
09-12-2008, 08:02 AM
We just got back last week and when we made our reservations we had requested rooms that inter connected. We were told that they try to honor all requests but sometimes this does not happen. Well when we checked into Pop I inquired about the inter connecting rooms and was told that they did not. When I asked if we could get some due to my daughter and grand daughter in the other room the CM inquired with her supervisor and :pixie: our wish was granted.

I would guess that the best thing to ask at check in is are you getting everything you requested when you booked.

I dont remember ever being turned down for room changes.

Have a great vacation.:mickey:

DisneyWFan
09-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Always ask when you reserve. Then check when you confirm your res.(30-45 days in advance of check-in) and again at check-in. They do their best to do conecting room but they sometimes need to be reminded because some CM forget or don't bother to note the res. about the conecting rooms so it is always best to remind them when you have any comunication with them. I do this every time I go and have never had a problem except during high peak times/holidays. Just make sure you book everyone together if you have 8 people or more over 3 you can take advantage of grand gatherings check the Disney World website and you can take advatage of a specialized vacation planer to make everything easier. They will make all res. for you including dinner. You also have special access to grand gathering experiences which can make your trip even more special :mickey:

PetefromRI
09-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Just remember,ajoining rooms and connecting rooms are two different animals.Connecting rooms do just that,they connect where as ajoining rooms are next to each other.

Goofy Fan
09-14-2008, 02:17 AM
We booked as a Grand Gathering for our trip in two weeks and we requested adjoining rooms when we made the reservations. I guess we'll find out soon enough if our request was fulfilled. I can let you know if it was successful. :)

TammiMcMan
09-14-2008, 06:21 PM
As Pete pointed out:

Adjoining = rooms that are next to each other, no interior doors

Connecting = rooms with an interior door that opens up between them

Not sure if you just need to be near each other or want to have the doorway open up between the two rooms. You'll want to be sure that whichever you need is noted on your original reservation and then ask again at check-in. This is not a bookable category, so there's no way to guarantee them. The room assignment is simply based on availability.