PDA

View Full Version : All Star Resorts. Looking for quietest buildings

KevMcNJ
09-11-2008, 09:40 PM
OK so now that the prices for 2009 are out I have put our WDW 2009 trip plans into 2nd maybe even 3rd gear.

It will be just me and my wife

both of us are 43. we are going the All Star resorts route cuz we're only gonna be there to sleep and maybe do a few laps in a pool. No reason to spend $300/day on a room we will never be in

We dont want to be near the bus stops or the food court or any other part of the AS resorts where there will be crowds and noisy people

Im not against noisy people having fun @ WDW, we just dont want to hear them if you get my drift.

I recall someone here said the Mighty ducks wing of the Movies resort was an ideal locale but I forget why.

So

where should we aim in the all stars resorts for our late January trip to The Mouse? oh yeah we will have our own car so busses and bus stops are not a priority

TIA

TinkerbellT421
09-11-2008, 10:13 PM
I absoluetly would recommend the 50's building at POP....I think that is perfect for what your looking for, especially if you can get the back of the building...beautiful in the morning with the lake...me and DBF used to fee the ducks right of our hands every morning :cloud9:...BUT staying at All-Star I would suggest the movies section, but that is the only place we have stayed in....I definitely would check out POP 50's building though. If you want more info you can PM...I loved it there...I cant rave about it enough...I also found it much more peaceful and less hectic than All-Stars

DisneyMomma23
09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
we stayed at the AS Movies quite a few years back, we were in the love bug section, on the top floor facing the back of the property. it was nice and quiet and pretty far away from the pools/bus stops/main building. and if i remember correctly there is a parking lot close by.

Pirate Granny
09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
We are older than you and go with no children...we love POP...and it would probably be quieter then any of the All Stars, but if you are staying at Sports...I would ask for a top floor (less people walking by)Hoops bldg 2 or 3 facing the back or Tennis Bldg 4 facing bldg 3. In the Music I would ask for Bldg 5 or 6...again top floor facing the rear of the property... for Movies...hummmm Bldg 9...but almost all of the rooms face a parking lot...and I like the quiet of a non-parking lot view...Pop...I love the back facing the water...so quiet and peaceful...
ENJOY
:pirate:

KevMcNJ
09-12-2008, 09:15 PM
POP facing the water is sounding more and more appealing

beachezncream
09-12-2008, 09:27 PM
All Star Music - the Country music building:thumbsup: It's quite far from both the food court and main pool and bus stops :mickey: - plus your not going to be fighting anyone for this building.... because most people want to be close to the food court.

TinkerbellT421
09-12-2008, 09:28 PM
The whole things is absolutely wonderful...I mean it really really is....first thing in the morning DBF would wake up and go get us coffees and then wake me up when he got back and we would take a walk down at like 6 in the am and we were right in the back of the building, we would walk down the stairs and BAMMMMM theres a BEAUTIFUL view of the water, so quiet, we never heard anyone! ever! The ducks were so happy to see us by the third day because we would take bread rolls, or pizza crusts, or crackers from the dinner before and feed them right out of our hands. We would sit at the bench at the "smokers" station and just sit peacefully with the ducks ar t our feet (about a dozen of them) and drink our coffee and look at the water and soak in the magic. So wonderful! We also, go without children, me and DBF....:cloud9:

barnaby
09-12-2008, 09:31 PM
We stayed in ASMovies this past March for spring break.
The Mighty Ducks wing, bldg 2, was where we stayed and it was quiet. We were right next to the parking lot adjacent to ASMusic.

jpH/keD
09-13-2008, 09:54 AM
I am your age! We went in Nov last year and stayed in the Toy Story building. It was very quiet. I am a super light sleeper and outside noise was not the issue! We, too got in late and left early, spending our time in the parks instead of the resort. We were on the back side overlooking the woods and the water pump?? It wasn't beautiful but it was quiet!

:thumbsup: Have a great trip!

megustamex
09-13-2008, 10:50 AM
We always request a building in the back as well. While I can't remember all the exact buildings as others here have posted, all the values have rooms overlooking some sort of water/woods area. You can see them on the map of the resort when you check in because if you're not overlooking the parking lot, another building or the interior it's a green area. These rooms have really nice views when you walk out in the morning in addition to being very quiet compared to the rest of the resort. I've had to change rooms a few times when we've stayed at the All-Stars and they've stuck is in front of a pool area; it's just too loud. Now we request the back rooms every time.

sassy2000
09-13-2008, 11:38 AM
We stayed at All Star Music and had 2nd floor room in Broadway section. Very quite. We have also stayed at Movies and had 1st floor foom in Fantasia Bldg (preferred room) that was noisy. I would suggest a building farther away from food court and main pool area and on the 2nd or 3rd floor to cut down on noise level.

KevMcNJ
09-14-2008, 12:06 AM
OK so Ive made up my mind

we will go POP. and ask for a quiet room away from the hub-bub

All Stars was great but we went there last time

Silly me, I assumed POP was in the same area as the All Stars.

thanks to all who played

TinkerbellT421
09-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Try to request the 50's building. I know they dont make guarantees, but its worth the shot. We requested it on arrival when we saw the map. I wanted to stay near the water and they had rooms available. Its worth the shot putting in the request now though. Have fun, I am sure you will enjoy it! :mickey::cloud9: Have a great time!!

ChewyStriker
09-16-2008, 09:30 AM
I just stayed at All Star Music in the Jazz section, near the fountain between pools on the first floor and found it very quiet, and I'm a light sleeper. I was concerned with the first floor and hearing noise above, but it wasn't really much of an issue. I've stayed at Movies and Pop as well and have found that the soundproofing at Music seems much better.:cloud9: