PDA

View Full Version : Buy a Disney Gift Card Online?

tarkin
09-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Is it possible to buy a Disny pre-paid gift card on line? Every trip we've taken we get our two kids gift cards to use at the parks. Normally we buy them from a Disney Store but so many have closed we really don't have one nearby.

Strmchsr
09-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Yep. Sure can. Go to www.disneyshopping.com and look at the bottom and you'll see the link for the gift cards.

tarkin
09-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks!:thumbsup:

biodtl
09-13-2008, 07:27 PM
I just did this yesterday. Actually, I went to the lone remaining Disney Store in my area, because I wanted to just have it in hand immediately (since I was getting quite a large amount). Unfortunately, the store was out of them! Since they are the only one left, they are running out of everything. They did, however, have Disney Dollars, but only in ones and fives and in the amount I wanted, that would be one huge stack of Mickeys.

Only 21 days out!!!!!!

tarkin
09-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Can they be purchased at the resort?

tarkin
09-19-2008, 01:37 PM
...anyone...:blush:

biodtl
09-19-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't know about buying them at the resorts, but just an FYI about getting them online - if you do this and want oit for a large amount (we wanted tp put our spending money on one) - do it EARLY. They may not put the charge through until they do a 3-way call with you and your bank. The problem is that for security reasons, they will not call or email you that there is a problem - they will send a letter. if I hadn't started wondering where mine was and called to check, it would have been too late by the time I had received the letter. As it is, I am biting my nails until it gets here because we need that spending money in 15 days!!!

tarkin
09-19-2008, 10:08 PM
That's a good point. We leave in 21 days so I guess I'll have to make a special trip to the States (from Canada). Thanks for the heads up!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-20-2008, 07:09 PM
I noticed that the OP was a fellow Canadian, and I just a heads-up, they won't ship the gift cards to Canada!

I tried to order a couple last year, and finally had them shipped to a friend in the US, who then sent them onto us, as Disney wouldn't mail them directly :(