PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Tournament: Regional Finals (Round 3)

DizneyFreak2002
09-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, as you know, we have reached the Regional Finals...

In round 3, I will be listing 4 different regional finals to vote in... When you see the poll, you will see 8 restaurants listed... You will be able to vote for multiple restaurants, just like previous rounds... Only difference is, 4 regions will be represented... So, please make sure to read the match ups, see what restaurant belongs to which region, and cast your votes....

Here are the results from the first Regional Finals Match Ups:

SNOW WHITE REGION
3) 1900 Park Fare eliminates Number 1 seeded Cinderella's Royal Table, 27-20

CHIP & DALE REGION
1) Whispering Canyon Cafe eliminates 3) Teppan Edo, 28-23

MICKEY MOUSE REGION
1) Le Cellier Steakhouse destroyed 2) Raglan Road, 40-12

CINDERELLA REGION
1) Kona Cafe eliminates 2) Hollywood Brown Derby, 26-18

Here are the next regional finals match ups:

DONALD DUCK REGION
1) Boma faces 3) Liberty Tree Tavern

AURORA REGION
1) Restaurant Akershus faces 6) Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

MINNIE MOUSE REGION
1) Chef Mickey's faces 3) 50's Prime Time Cafe

ARIEL REGION
1) Crystal Palace faces 3) Flying Fish Cafe

The brackets are now updated and can be viewed here:

Disney Dining Tournament (http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=278703)

Remember, have fun and happy voting...

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
09-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Went with all three #1 seeds as these are some of our favs.

KAT1811
09-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Boma for us as we had the worst meal ever while in WDW at LLT.

Restaurant Akershus for the princesses, with 3 DDs the princesseswin every time.

Chef Mickey's, we are trying it for the first time for breakfast this trip. How can you beat a meal with the mouse and his friends?

Crystal Palace as it is our favorite breakfast buffet on property. We have such a great time and the children love Pooh and friends.

Maleficent's Dad
09-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Crystal Palace over the Flying Fish?

:shake: :shake: :shake:

henry.james.s
09-11-2008, 07:34 PM

That's what I was thinking.

Why not have a Signature locations tournament?
CP is gonna kill FF only because of sheer volume of people who've been there and nothing else.

KAT1811
09-11-2008, 10:45 PM

Personally not a fish fan, even being from NE. I'd rather dine in the MK with Pooh and friends and see my childrens' eyes as wide a saucers. I can get great seafood here anyday but the chance to dine with the characters only happens in WDW.

DizneyFreak2002
09-11-2008, 11:24 PM
That's what I was thinking.

Why not have a Signature locations tournament?
CP is gonna kill FF only because of sheer volume of people who've been there and nothing else.

I assume everyone followed the tournament from the beginning.. This is a tournament of ALL Disney dining options... Think of it as the NCAA basketball tournament... there may be mismatches... There may be matches that pit signature dining options going against counter service options...

As long as everyone is enjoying the tournament and is having fun, then that is all that matters....

GrmGrninGost
09-12-2008, 12:47 AM
LTT! LTT! :mickey:

JasonH
09-12-2008, 01:32 AM
This is definitely going to be one of the more interesting matchups. Reason why I say that: We could be seeing the "Cinderella Story" continue with Cosmic Rays. I just voted (even voted Cosmic too) and it's beating Akershus by a handful of votes. But as DizneyFreak2002 has said before in the previous rounds, it's still early in the game. :thumbsup:

henry.james.s
09-12-2008, 08:51 AM
I assume everyone followed the tournament from the beginning.. This is a tournament of ALL Disney dining options... Think of it as the NCAA basketball tournament... there may be mismatches... There may be matches that pit signature dining options going against counter service options...

As long as everyone is enjoying the tournament and is having fun, then that is all that matters....

I understand the tournament and it's been fun but there are folks here who are looking for fine dining and could be misled by such a lopsided vote.
I wonder the total number of guests who've been to the CP vs. FF. The diff has to be HUGE. I'd bet the CP serves more people in a day than the FF does in a month or even more.

Jeff G
09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
I understand the tournament and it's been fun but there are folks here who are looking for fine dining and could be misled by such a lopsided vote.
I wonder the total number of guests who've been to the CP vs. FF. The diff has to be HUGE. I'd bet the CP serves more people in a day than the FF does in a month or even more.

You have to remember not evryone has the same taste and for many the food is just part of the dining experiece at WDW. I take this as a poll of where you would rather dine not who has the better quality food, a perfect example is Cosmic Ray's is still alive and it's fast food (my guess is that FF would be loosing to Cosmic Rays if they were paired up).

henry.james.s
09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
The fact remains though it's not in any way a fair comparison doing a CP vs. FF poll. It's only a popularity contest and the uninformed are unaware of this fact
Now a CP vs.CR's or a FF vs. CG or a poll regarding only character dining locations would help resort goers make informed decisions, be just as interesting and fun as well.

It kind of makes sense to me but thats just my opinion. :D

maxrebo77
09-12-2008, 11:34 AM
:confused:
This was a tough one. Hard to make any real comparison, so had to go just with personal experience. However, some places I ate last year, or years ago or by myself, or with family. Again, tough.
4 days to go and, surprisingly enough, none of these 8 on my list this year.

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I understand this is your opinion, and thank you for it, but, this poll and tournament wasn't done to help readers or new comers to the site determine where to dine.... This tournament is strictly a fun, summertime tournament.. In no way is this tournament/poll scientific LOL...

Remember, I used practically ALL of the dining options on property, minus the food carts... I did the best I could when I spread the dining options out over all the regions I created... I tried to make it more counter service vs counter service, but, I didn't think that would be a fair match up because, if a counter service made it to the final match of the tournament against a signature dining option, my feeling is the final match wouldn't be close... I wanted close match ups... I did figure the early matches wouldn't be close... But look at the results so far from the first two polls in the 3rd round... Only 1 or 2 match ups have been blow outs so far... Please also look at the top seed restaurants... Most of them are sit down, signature restaurants.... There is a reason for that... They are supposed to be the better option... However, when you do a poll, the expectation has to be people will be voting for their favorite, not what restaurant is the better of the two... :)

Let's just sit back and take this tournament for what it is... FUN :thumbsup:

If I decide to do this tournament again next year, I expect a few things will be different...

henry.james.s
09-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Fun as it may be it still has the potential to mislead those who are unaware of the intentions of a "for fun only" poll.
I look at the dining thread everyday and the vast majority are looking for opinions and guidance on where to dine & what the food is like at different locations.
Comparing locations in a poll format simply for fun that are as different as night & day has the potential of being a disservice to those who don't get it. And it could also unitentionally cause undeserved dammage to the reputation of different dining locations.

Oh well that's enough on the subject for me.

KAT1811
09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Fun as it may be it still has the potential to mislead those who are unaware of the intentions of a "for fun only" poll.

I assure you that you have made it more than clear that this poll is a popularity contest and emphasized many times that it is for fun only so. . . no one should be misled and the rest of us can go back to having fun.

If you, or any poster for that matter, is looking for specific feedback on a particular restaurant in WDW you should post a thread requesting such.

henry.james.s
09-12-2008, 03:08 PM
I assure you that you have made it more than clear that this poll is a popularity contest and emphasized many times that it is for fun only so. . . no one should be misled and the rest of us can go back to having fun.

If you, or any poster for that matter, is looking for specific feedback on a particular restaurant in WDW you should post a thread requesting such.

Fine..since you obviously think I'm ruining your "fun" I'll just keep my mouth shut and not be concerned. I don't want to spoil it for "the rest of you".
:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
I think the purpose is being lost... In no way is this tournament or poll meant to sway people one way or another to a restaurant... And so what if it does?? Why is it so bad is someone looks at this, sees how popular a place is, maybe it is a place they never ate before, and decide to try the place on their next trip...

I love the posts everyone puts explaining why they like a certain place, even if that place doesn't win... If people are going to come here to gain opinions of places, there is plenty of info being presented by members in the forums as well as in these polls...

Again, this is meant to be fun.. If people want to find out about certain places to eat, then they should open a new thread in the dining forum asking about that certain place...

Maleficent's Dad
09-12-2008, 07:46 PM
but, this poll and tournament wasn't done to help readers or new comers to the site determine where to dine.... This tournament is strictly a fun, summertime tournament.. In no way is this tournament/poll scientific LOL...
Oh, I understand that completely and I've followed these polls since you first started (including your "re-do" in the beginning! ;))

I didn't mean to start a contoversy with my comment about the FF. I just find it absolutely incredible that anyone who has been to both establishments would vote for Crystal Palace. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Pooh and Co., but as far as dining is concerned, there really is NO comparison... But then again, that's one person's opinion. :blush:

Keep these polls going; they're a ton of fun no matter how many times your "favorites" win or lose!

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh, I understand that completely and I've followed these polls since you first started (including your "re-do" in the beginning! ;))

I didn't mean to start a contoversy with my comment about the FF. I just find it absolutely incredible that anyone who has been to both establishments would vote for Crystal Palace. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Pooh and Co., but as far as dining is concerned, there really is NO comparison... But then again, that's one person's opinion. :blush:

Keep these polls going; they're a ton of fun no matter how many times your "favorites" win or lose!

I appreciate the opinions.. I really wanted to encourage everyone to post their opinions here about who they voted for and why... especially if people used this as a fact finding post about particular places...

I am glad everyone is enjoying this... Trust me, creating the brackets and worrying about rankings and match ups was not easy....

Jeff G
09-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I appreciate the opinions.. I really wanted to encourage everyone to post their opinions here about who they voted for and why... especially if people used this as a fact finding post about particular places...

I am glad everyone is enjoying this... Trust me, creating the brackets and worrying about rankings and match ups was not easy....

With the number of restauraunts and the complexity of this poll you are doing a great job:thumbsup:.

I'm sure I'm not alone, I eagerly look forward to each round of voting. Hopefully someone comes up with a new tournament after this one finishes.

KAT1811
09-12-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm sure I'm not alone, I eagerly look forward to each round of voting. Hopefully someone comes up with a new tournament after this one finishes.

You're not alone I missed it so much when the Year of 100 Questions stopped. I looked forward to that every day. Now I look forward to this tournament. If only I could think of something next . . .

Kairi_7378
09-13-2008, 08:46 AM
You're not alone I missed it so much when the Year of 100 Questions stopped. I looked forward to that every day. Now I look forward to this tournament. If only I could think of something next . . .

I look forward to every new "round," too! I loved the year of 100 questions. It started up right around when I was planning my first "adult" trip and it was a way to continue the magic when I was going through my withdraw from WDW.

I don't always post why I choose one place over another on these polls but I also enjoy the little anecdotes that people share on this poll- they tend to be different than the regular dining reviews. Since I haven't eaten everywhere I'm enjoying reading about other peoples' experiences. Yes, I've been a little surprised about some of the match ups (esp when CA Grill almost lost to Sci Fi- sheesh!), but that's what a bracket type tournament always contains. I think this has been very well thought out and I thank Disney Freak for continuing the tournament.

DizneyFreak2002
09-13-2008, 11:39 AM
The only match ups I came up with were the match ups in the first round.... And that is only because I ranked the restaurants 1 to 8... As we all know, in a typical tournament, top seeds face the lower seeds... The rest, well, that has been decided by the members of Intercot, by casting your votes and determining the winners... And as for the brackets, I didn't enter them on the bracket website in any special order... So, now that the regions are finishing, and we are going to finally mix and match, I am not in control of who faces who...

And again, thanks for the kind words... As for what's next???? Well, I have a new SURVIVOR: Disney Villains ready to go, once I get back from my Disney World trip in October.... Maybe I'll do a Disney attraction tournament... Or if anyone else wants to host it, I will be more than willing to help set up the brackets, or even host the brackets on the site I am currently using to host this tournament...