PDA

View Full Version : PittFan's Trip Report Day 2

PittFan
09-11-2008, 12:54 PM
The day started off great. The rain had moved on and we arrived at EPCOT just as the park was opening for the morning EMH. I could tell by how quickly we entered the park that it wasn't crowded. We rode SOARIN' and Test Track without any wait. (when i say no wait, i mean 5 minutes or less). Next we decided to try Mission Space for the first time. We had always been a little leary of this attraction due to the unfortunate incidents that seemed to occur in the past. We all enjoyed it to my surprise. My DD & DS both did the orange while my DW & I stuck with the green. From here, we pretty much did everything we wanted to with minimal waits. I still can't believe how empty the park was... :cloud9: ... it was great!!!

After doing what we wanted in Future World we walked over to the World Showcase and casually strolled through each country at a very leisurely pace. We had ADR's for Tutto Italia and I think we found our bookend for Le Cellier !!! The service was impeccable (considering 3 of us work or have worked in the hospitality industry, I feel confident with this assessment), the food was terrific and the atmosphere was relaxing. Our servers Leonardo & Fredricka were outstanding. Leonardo even spent a good 5 minutes explaining to my DS 10 what he was eating and offering suggestions to him for future meals based upon his tastes. My DD, who doesn't like to try anything new, had the Spaghetti and meatballs w/out the sauce. She loved the fresh pasta and the veal meatballs were out of this world. My DM & I had the Lasagna and we loved it. On the way out we made sure to stop and let the manager know about the incredible experience we had . Definitely a must do on our next trip.

After dinner, we strolled through World Showcase, got our :marg: in Mexico and found a spot near Canada for Illuminations. My DM and DS headed back to the POP early, we think he over did it at dinner. After Illuminations we headed back to the POP. It didn't take too long to catch the bus, and we were back at the room, after finally pulling my DD out of the gift shop of course. :laughing: A great day in all !!!

iheartmickey
09-11-2008, 09:00 PM
5 minutes or less! Wow! That's fantastic!!!

Sounds like you're all enjoying your selves. I'm going to have to try Tutto Italia on our next trip. We ate there before under the old name ... escapes me now ... for our honeymoon. We liked it then ... but we LOVE Italian food. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing another great report!

pdrlkr
09-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
09-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Great report and now I have another restraurant to check out. Can't wait to read more.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks for another wonderful report

tinkerbell04
09-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the report. It sounds like it was another great day. How lucky for you to have such short wait times!!!:mickey:

Lizzie
09-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the report. Looks like a fun stress free day in the park.

Pop Centurion
09-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the report. Nice to see a review for Tutto. We were going to try it but without knowing what to expect we skipped it. Plus I'm real picky as far as Italian since I grew up on my grandmothers cooking (authentic) and find it real hard to find anything that rivals it. (besides my own or my moms ;) ) But I might give it a try for sure next year. It can't hurt.
While probably not there the same exact day as you, I admit that each day/night we spent in Epcot was unusually mild even for Sept. Getting on rides and finding a spot for Illuminations was a breeze. Glad to see it was just as nice for you.

ChipnDaleGal
09-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Ending a great day with a :marg: and Illuminations sounds perfect! :thumbsup:

faline
09-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Lovely day!

laward32
09-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Glad you had a nice second day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey: