PDA

View Full Version : Tusker Breakfast - good ADR time?

JoAnnPan
09-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Hello,
I currently have an ADR for 9:05am..but now I am thinking of changing it to later..like 9:45...that way we can see the park opening and just make our way back to Tusker..I am thinking maybe getting a fast pass for the Safari before breakfast..does that sound like a better plan?? Any advice is greatly appreciated! :mickey:

MelXThree
09-11-2008, 12:42 PM
I think it sounds like a good plan. I wouldn't make it later because then your wasting time in the morning when it's less busy. I made my ADR for 8:05 so we could be done breakfast at about the same time the park opens. :mickey:

tiaramom
09-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Just a bit of friendly advice.
Tusker house isn't the best place to eat breakfast at. In fact the food in dried up and its loud .The character interaction is fast. There are better choices. Please consider your other breakfast options. Have fun...

KAT1811
09-11-2008, 02:00 PM
We are trying Tusker House on our upcoming trip. We have 8:30 ADRs and are looking forward to enjoying the near empty walk in AK to the restaurant. Then we will be well into the park when it opens. We tend to eat quickly with 3 children, in and out works best for us, then off to the attractions while (hopefully) the rest of the people are just making their way into the park.

Personally I would go with the 9:05. They ask you to arrive at the restaurant about 10 minutes prior to your ADR so you should be able to enter the AK before the park officially opens (especially figuring that the walk to Tusker House isn't a short one). That way you may be able to grab fast passes to the Safari before dining, assuming you do not get seated early.

JoAnnPan
09-13-2008, 10:30 PM
bump

thumperbug
09-14-2008, 11:38 AM
We are trying Tusker house for breakfast on our next trip. We have a 9:30 ADR. When I made the ADR the CM made it a point to say we should allow at least 45 mins travel time from our resort to the park. I guess they have had problems with folks thinking they can get there in 20 mins.

We know better. Our plan is to get there with plenty of time and to grab a fast pass for the safari before we eat. I am hoping if we check in a little early we can get seated a little early. If not, no big deal.