PDA

View Full Version : PittFan's Trip Report Day 1

PittFan
09-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Returned from WDW on the 4th. I finally had time to sit down and report. Overall, it was a great trip, especially since my DM has decided this was her last trip to WDW. She had a hard time walking around and was constantly tired. She decided that she can't physically handle the trip anymore. We hope she changes her mind, but we respect her decision none the less. So it made it a special trip. :mickey:

DAY 1 : Left my house for Pittsburgh International at 3:30 am in order to be at the airport 2 hours before our flight. Flight was at 6:45 am and everything went like clockwork. It's funny, every other airline is charging extra for everything and cutting flights, when we were seated on the plane, the flight attendants presented a couple going on their honeymoon with a complimetary bottle of champagne. That was a class act. Southwest, we luv ya !!! Was first flight for DS & DD, they were really excited ( and nervous). They loved it! DS let everybody on the plane know when we flew over Daytona Speedway. People in the back of the plane heard his excitement. :laughing:

Arrived at MCO at 8:50am ... 10 minutes early. :thumbsup: Caught ME to POP Century and checked in ... 3 TIMES !!! My DW and I checked in with one CM while my DM & MIL checked in with another. As we were walking away to check our bags, my DM called me over to give us our room keys. The problem is, WE ALREADY HAD OUR KEYS ! The CM checking them in decided to check us in too and gave them our room keys without even asking for ID. Luckily we caught the mistake, our room keys had charging privledges, the ones they got for us did not. Our keys no longer were valid. After we corrected the key mix up, they had to check us in again in order to add charging privledges to our card. I asked to see a manager, not to yell, but to make sure my cards would work, I was told they were too busy. :thedolls: We never did get to speak to anyone other than the CM that kept making the mistakes.

We finally headed to DHS and were relieved that our cards got us into the park. As we headed for Star Tours we noticed HSM Pep Rally was beginning. DW & DD were really excited, until the stage stopped and the performers started to say goodbye. We thought it was part of the act, it wasn't. They cancelled the show and left as fast as they arrived. No explaination. Headed to Star Tours and Backlot Tour. We had ADR's for 4:00 at Hollywood & Vine so we decided to head on over there. No sooner did we get on the patio under cover and the sky opened up. It quit raining just as dinner ended. We decided we would go back after dinner to see if our rooms were ready, so I decided to give my Spectromagic preferred seating card I recieved at dinner to someone that could use it, instead of letting it go to waste. It just happened that there was a family of 6 entering the park as we were leaving. They were very appreciative. We went back to the POP. As soon as we got to our room a huge thunderstorm rolled in, it lasted nearly all night.

* We were hesitant about going to Hollywood & Vine because of all the bad reviews we'd read. Glad we decided to try it for ourselves. :thumbsup: We ALL liked it.

laward32
09-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Glad everything worked out at check in. We ate at H&V in Dec 06 and we liked it too. I think it is the best buffet that we have ate at for dinner in WDW. Thanks for sharing. Will be waiting for your next report.:mickey:

Lizzie
09-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Sounds like a great first day. We have always enjoyed eating at H& V.

yjgirl32
09-10-2008, 07:25 PM
great report- keep them coming.

laurenC325
09-11-2008, 12:28 AM
From a fellow Pittsburgher great trip report!

ChipnDaleGal
09-11-2008, 07:26 AM
A little check in snafu and a big rainstorm can't change the fact that you are finally at WDW! Sounds like you managed to have a nice first day despite your obstacles. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

iheartmickey
09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Sounds like you enjoyed yourselves, even with the problems at check in.

Very nice of you to pass on your seating cards ... I'm sure the family appreciated it.

Thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
09-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the report and the note on H&V, we are trying it too

tinkerbell04
09-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the report, it sounds like it was a nice day despite the check-in problems. :mickey:

faline
09-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Looks like you ended up in the right places at the right times to avoid the rain showers!

Glad you got your check-in straightened away!

biodtl
09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
We also have a 6:45 am flight from Pittsburgh International, and will also have to leave home about 3:30 - ugh. Was the airport pretty empty at that time, or busy as usual? I'm curious what the security and check-in lines will be like. Last time we left at 8:30 and it was a nightmare.

PittFan
09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
It wasn't bad when we first arrived around 4:15 am. We flew Southwest and the Ticket Counter doesn't open until 5:00 am. I was the first one in line.:thumbsup: Around 5:30 am the airport started getting busier with the number of incoming and departing flights increasing. I was glad I got there when I did. Getting there early also got us through security without a wait. :D FYI, they no longer allow curbside check-in @ Pittsburgh International.

biodtl
09-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the info! I guess I'll aim to be there before 5. I wish I could afford to stay at the Hyatt - it would be nice to just wake up and walk (well, ride actually) into the airport.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
09-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Don't forget if you guys get to the airport and there is a long security line, there is another security check point you can use if it is open. It is accessible on the same level as the airline baggage check in.