PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a resort

2lilboys
09-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I am new to posting - although I have been reading on these boards for a very long time.

DH, myself and twin boys (age 2) just returned from 8 days at POR (Alligator Bayou). We are planning a trip for May 2009 before the boys turn 3, while they are still free. We are having a very difficult time choosing a moderate resort for our next trip.

We do not want to stay at POR again - bad experience with mousekeeping and it was too spread out (especially when you are pushing 2 tired kids in strollers). Plus, the boys did not like the buses when they were crowded, which was all the time. (Yes, we were the parents with the kids that cried during the packed bus rides :blush:). I would love to stay at WL, but this is supposed to be a "less expensive" trip since we are saving for Poly in 2010.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 04:13 PM
If you are thinking of going to any All Star resort or Pop Century resort, be aware that the crowds staying there are huge and the same goes for the buses. Since your children seem to like it more peaceful, keep in mind that the less expensive resorts tend to have more people and more activity.

goofygirl64
09-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Maybe you could get a standard view room at WL. That would help keep the cost down some. It is (along with AKL) the least expensive in the deluxe category. We absolutely love that hotel, and it is nice to have the option to take the boat over to MK.

Insanity Clause
09-10-2008, 05:34 PM
You could always try CSR. The Value are going to be more crowded due to the fact that they are value.

Tinkerbella16
09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
If you were choosing from any of the value, mods, or deluxe:

Value- Pop Century. I love this resort for being a value. It has the best foodcourt, bigger than the All Stars but everything is still close (resort isn't as congested), has its own bus system...we never had a problem with the busses both times we stayed at Pop, there was no sharing like the All Stars which is a plus because the stops at the parks are always crowded, and there are 3 stops for AS's.

Mod- You dont want to go back to POR (my favorite of any wdw resort) so thats out. French Quarter would be nice, it is not as big at all like POR, and there is still boat transport to DTD.

Deluxe- WL seems to be the cheapest of the other deluxe resorts. I have read great reviews on this resort and it is gorgeous. The location is great, has two of the best restaurants on property, and you won't be spending so much like you would at Poly for a deluxe.

SFTrny
09-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Don't rule out FW. We are huge Fort Wilderness fans...if you rent the golf cart and enjoy meals (breakfast and some diners) in the cabin. It is a unique experience and very family oriented.

Mousemates
09-10-2008, 09:26 PM
One thing to keep in mind for a may trip is that the season flips from regular to summer around the 21st of the month...so if you were planning on going later in the month, you might be able to move your visit up a few days and use the savings to upgrade to either CSR (queen beds hurray!), FW, or a standard room at WL.