PDA

View Full Version : First time staying at ASMu - any tips?

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-10-2008, 02:03 PM
My DH and I are staying at ASMu for our 5th anniversary trip. We'll be driving down so we'll probably just drive to the parks rather than catching the bus.

Anyone have any tips? We've never stayed at ASMu or a value. Anything we should know before going?

Thanks for any info.

darthmacho
09-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Even though you don't need the bus, you might find it convenient to pay the little bit extra to be in Calypso, as it is closest to other features, such as the cafeteria, gift shop, pool, and most importantly, the bar! :D:marg:

On the other hand, if you desire quiet and don't mind a nice morning walk to breakfast, or a leisurely after dinner stroll back to the room, any of the other themed rooms would be just as nice.

As for value resorts in general, I thought ASMu was underrated. I recall vowing that I'd "never" stay in a value resort after the Wilderness Lodge, but when it came down to ASMu or not going, guess what I decided. It was a nice stay, and had a very "Disney" feel.

Have a great time!

Disney Lynn
09-11-2008, 08:16 AM
If you're coffee drinkers, bring a coffeemaker from home (since you're driving), And don't forget the coffee, filters, mugs, etc. The walk to the food court for the first cup in the AM can be really long LOL.

If it's just the two of you, consider asking for a king bed when you check-in. Those rooms seem more spacious because the bed takes up less floor space than the two doubles (with the space in between).

As for driving to the parks- yes, we do this except for the MK. We usually take the resort's bus there (it seems quicker). Also, since you'll have a car, it's easy to have dinner at some of the other resorts (like Boma at AKL) or at Raglan Road (DD).