PDA

View Full Version : 1st Park with 6 yr old Nephews?

lawgirl
09-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi! We're taking our 6 yr old twin nephews to WDW in November, and trying to figure out the first park to take them to. They've never been to Disney before, so we want it to be as special as possible.

I was thinking MK first. Any other suggestions? We may skip HS b/c its not as kid friendly.

Any advice would be great! Also, any tips for travelling with young ones!

ThanxForNoticin
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
It's hard to go wrong starting at the MK for the first time. It's a very special place filled with amazing things to do with the kids. I would highly recommend that's where you go first. Have a wonderful trip.

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 12:17 PM
I always tell first-timers with small children to save the Magic Kingdom for last. The other parks are great, but in the eyes of a 6 year old,they may pale in comparison each successive day after enjoying the Magic Kingdom on Day One. ( This is especially true of Epcot.)

That being said, don't understimate the other parks, they all have great attractions for small kids - just not in great as numbers as you will find in the MK. ( You mentioned the Hollywood Studios as being on the bubble for you- but for 6 year old boys, they would love Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Lights Motors Action and Fantasmic just to mention a few - all located at The Studios- and if they are adventurous and tall enough: Tower of Terror and possibly Rock N Roller Coaster)

One more note: Six Year Olds are a prime age for wanting character autographs. Don't be surprised if you spend A LOT of time in line holding a pen and an autograph book rather than riding attraction after attraction.

Overall, it depends on the amount of time you will have at WDW and the temperment of the twins.

danicafan
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I would definetely go to MK first but wouldn't skip out on HS! We always see tons of characters at HS, plus there is the new Toy Story Mania which I am sure 6 year old boys would LOVE!! Also my niece who was only 5 in December loved ToT! And she is now so excited because she is 48" tall and can now ride RnR which we will be doing 1st thing when we arrive on January 18th!!

disneymom15
09-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I vote for MK also. It's probably the park they most want to see. Not sure how many days you'll be at Disney, but we always hit MK at least 2 days if not more. I agree, don't skip DHS. Have fun.

lawgirl
09-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks for all of the advice. It sounds like we'll be going to HS too!

biodtl
09-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Definitely MK first - I understand the idea of saving the best for last, but it's great for their first experience with WDW to be the absolute magic of MK.

LauraleeH
09-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Definitely Magic Kingdom first and last, if possible. If you have to skip one, Epcot would be better to skip than Hollywood Studios, unless there's something there you all are dying to do...

lawgirl
09-11-2008, 11:37 AM
I think we have to do Epcot. They are excpetionally bright children (they are working on French as a second language) and they love anything educational. They've been to France and loved it...so I think Epcot is a definite. I think we'll be able to squeeze it all in.