PDA

View Full Version : Can I? / How can I book Disney Dining Plan?

andywicks
09-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Please can anyone help?

I want to try the DDP (Disney Dining Plan) + wine for our trip to WDW at Christmas. We have booked Saratoga Springs on DVC points for 4 nights followed by 4 more nights for cash at Port Orleans.

We are Annual pass holders and DVC members. I want to revew my annual passes next month as we have two trips planned in the next 12 months.

I undertand that I can easily add the DDP to the DVC booking but that the resort booking needs to be a "package" with room + park entry ticket for each person + DDP.

I want to revew my APs through DVC to get my discount and cannot see a mechanism to add the DDP to the last 4 days at Port Orleans? :confused:

Any help and direct instructions would be useful. (I spoke to a WDW rep on Sunday and she insisted we'd need to add some (expensive and redundant) park passes to the room booking at PO. :cool: I am not willing to do this and would renew our Disney Dining Experience card instead....:D

TinkerbellT421
09-10-2008, 08:44 AM
If you do not want the MYWP then NO DDP is based on the number of nights you are staying. If you just want to add it as it is and not as a MYWP then you dont have to purchase park tickets for it. Did you explain you do not need a MYWP that you just want to pay for the DDP? Maybe she thought you wanted it as a MYWP...DDP has nothing at all to do with park tickets. Its only based on hotel stay, the number of NIGHTS (Not days) You are staying. I would try calling back...

danicafan
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Let me know if you have any luck. We are going in January and we had to get a 1 day basic ticket in order to get the Dining Plan. It's fine because we could use the extra day, but I am actually thinking of getting an AP so I would then want to drop the 1 day ticket but still keep the Dining Plan. I was told you had to get a package in order to get the Dining.

krose78
09-10-2008, 09:36 AM
I've always been told the DDP comes with the package so you need to get at least a one day ticket and that you can always upgrade that ticket to an AP for a discounted rate but I could be wrong.

medic9016
09-10-2008, 09:58 AM
I've always been told the DDP comes with the package so you need to get at least a one day ticket and that you can always upgrade that ticket to an AP for a discounted rate but I could be wrong.

That has been changed for AP holders. You need to call disney and tell them you are an AP holder and want to add DDP to your stay. This is what we did for our Dec trip.

TinkerbellT421
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I am under the impression that DVC members and Annual Pass holders do not need to purchase MYWP or base ticket for the DDP. But maybe I am wrong.

medic9016
09-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I am under the impression that DVC members and Annual Pass holders do not need to purchase MYWP or base ticket for the DDP. But maybe I am wrong.

You are correct.

mdhiggin
09-10-2008, 01:34 PM
No tickets required with AP. Go to disneyworld.com to the passholder site at the top of the page. Then passholder offers and then scroll down to room and dining packages for passholders. It will tell you about the deal. You can book from there or call and tell them about your AP. I don't know how to make it clickable for you. DH is the computer guy in our family.

limegreenmonorail
09-11-2008, 01:55 AM
Question about this...does everyone in the room need to have an AP to be able to add the DDP? I ask because I will be going to WDW with my aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins, and I have an AP, but they'll just be getting MYW tickets. Can I still get the DDP for all of us, or would I only be able to get it for myself?

andywicks
09-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Question about this...does everyone in the room need to have an AP to be able to add the DDP? I ask because I will be going to WDW with my aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins, and I have an AP, but they'll just be getting MYW tickets. Can I still get the DDP for all of us, or would I only be able to get it for myself?

Thanks to all for your guidance! We will give this a try through the AP web site.

In ansewer to the above question, I think that the people with the MYW tickets are the easy ones and that you should be able to add them under a separate arrangement from the APs.

We are in the same situation with 3/4 of us having APs and our (adult) son only needing a 10 day pass. I'll let you know how we get on!:mickey::thumbsup:

mdhiggin
09-11-2008, 01:24 PM
The different ticketing in the same room could be tricky. We had a package deal to get free dining. We only got 1 day MYW since we will use our AP and trade these in towards future AP, but one of our kids was assigned to a different room with another family we're travelling with. They don't have AP so they got the 10 MYW with WPM. Our daughter had to get this same ticket since she was in there. If it's not used, it can still be applied to her AP, but it was an extra expense for now.

You may want to try Magical Journeys for your reservations. They seem to be very well versed in all Disney rules and regulations, many times more so than the Disney bookers. They can work out all the tricky stuff for you, and it won't cost you anything.

VWL Mom
09-12-2008, 07:31 AM
You could also call DVC Member Services and see if they can book it for you. I know when I made our upcoming reservation they asked if I would like to add the DDP.

andywicks
09-13-2008, 02:14 AM
I logged onto the AP web site and could find nothing that would let us add the dining plan.

I phoned WDW yesterday evening and spent an hour on the phone (55 of which were on hold), spoke to 3 different people and finally was offered the phone number for UK Disney Travel(which I already had right in front of me!):thedolls: Can't wait to see THAT on my phone bill!

I find this very frustrating! There is clearly a disconnect between Disney UK and WDW? At one point I was told that the booking reference was for a AAA discount booking? where did that come from?:confused: I have a confirmed reservation slip from the Walt Disney Travel company on my desk...

Sorry to let off steam here but this is now driving me mad and I may well give up on the Dining Plan for this trip!:(
Now I really am GRUMPY!!!