PDA

View Full Version : just a cold glass of ice water

homeschool mom
09-10-2008, 08:16 AM
On our last trip we usually got glasses of ice water with our meals and found it to be very refreshing. On our upcoming trip it looks to be in the 90s every day. If we just need a glass of ice water between meals (actually 7 glasses) are they going to frown on us at the CS places when we go to order?

Don't bother suggesting bottled water. DH thinks it's a waste of money. We never buy water.

3 days and counting! :cloud9:

Mrs Bus Driver
09-10-2008, 08:45 AM
I agree with your DH, I don't like the idea of paying $2.75 for a bottle of water. You might try bringing your own bottles and refilling them at drinking fountains. I have tons of water bottles given to me and my DH at our jobs. Each member of your family can carry their own bottle (there are lanyard holders and belt loop holders or backpacks). CS will give you water upon request and I believe that CS will give you a cup of ice as well. I am also brining flavor packs for bottled water for when I want a change.

LauraF
09-10-2008, 08:46 AM
No, not as long as you're prepared to pay for it.

I've gotten a cup of ice for free before at some places (and filled it at the fountain with free water), but some places have started charging for cups and ice to cover their overhead. At Epcot last September I think they asked for a quarter or something like that when my BF asked for a cup of ice water. I don't know if this policy is WDWwide or is at the discretion of each location.

Another option if you are not wanting to stop all the time - get a plastic sports bottle, fill it with water the night before and put it in your freezer. By the time you get to the parks it's begun to defrost and by lunchtime it's ready for a refill.

dixielandings
09-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend standing in any CS line just to ask for 7 ice waters. There are water fountains everywhere and the water from the them is the same as the tap water you would get at any restaurant. My DH and I usually will break down and buy 1 bottled water (FL tap water tastes truly terrible) and then refill it at fountains throughout the day.

You're right to stay hydrated!

ETA - btw, we will be there this weekend for about a day and a half. We may cross paths with you. If we see a family walking around with 7 WDW cups of ice water, we'll wave! haha

Marker
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
I too hate to buy bottled water, but I always carry a water bottle. Typically I refill it at the water fountains but have been know to have it refilled with cold water at a CS stop.

medic9016
09-10-2008, 10:03 AM
On our last trip we usually got glasses of ice water with our meals and found it to be very refreshing. On our upcoming trip it looks to be in the 90s every day. If we just need a glass of ice water between meals (actually 7 glasses) are they going to frown on us at the CS places when we go to order?

Don't bother suggesting bottled water. DH thinks it's a waste of money. We never buy water.

3 days and counting! :cloud9:

Florida law requires the parks to give you free ice water. just go up to any counter service and ask for a cup of ice water. Easy as that.

lawgirl
09-10-2008, 11:12 AM
My dad loves the insulated water bottles. You can put ice and water in them, and it stays cold for hours. I think its made by polar bear, or polar ice. They should be available at most cycling shops or outdoors shops.

Its so important to stay hydrated at Disney. We can always tell we are dehydrated when we get grouchy and tired. I think like everyone else is suggesting, to definitely take your own bottle, and fill at fountains!