PDA

View Full Version : Any truth to this rumor?

PrincessASquared
09-10-2008, 05:42 AM
I just read on another site that Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club will be closed for rehab between January and March 2009. Has anyone else heard this? We specifically booked at BC in Feb. so we could enjoy the pool. We are hoping this is not true:(

Carol
09-10-2008, 08:06 AM
It's not a rumor. You can check out all of the rehab information (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp#Resorts_&_Beyond) via the info central tab up above.

Stormalong Bay Pool will be closed January 5 - April 15, 2009

PrincessASquared
09-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Thank you Polygirl40. I checked there this morning and that had not been posted. It is unfortunate that they have to do it then. We were really looking forward to that pool.

buzznwoodysmom
09-10-2008, 09:28 AM
We were booked at BCV in Feb.(Mardi Gras) as well. I am glad we've decided to go next Thanksgiving instead of Mardi Gras. At least that way I know the pool should be open since it is a major holiday. I would have been crushed to finally get to stay there and not have SAB open. I have read that the pool is usually closed in phases so that guest staying there can use at least part of the pool. I hope you still have a wonderful stay at BC.

ThanxForNoticin
09-10-2008, 12:42 PM
I understand the need to close and refurbish something like Stormalong Bay. But I would hope they would give more notice than this - people plan 7-11 months in advance just to get VC rooms at the BC - and a big part of the draw is the pool. This is very disappointing to go through all those arrangements and find out now there will no SB during our upcoming trip.

TammiMcMan
09-10-2008, 04:03 PM
We were staying at the YC during the last SAB rehab. We didn't find out about it until just before our vacation.

It's my understanding that the process for the rehab will be similar to what they've done in the past. I don't believe they ever completely closed the pool, or if they did, it was only for a very limited amount of time. For the most part, they just took the pool down in sections. We were staying in December that year and the lazy river portion was closed, but everything else was open. Honestly, it wasn't a huge deal. We could use the quiet pool if we wanted, but the air temperatures were really too cool for extended swimming. The kids were fine when they were submerged in the water, but getting out to do the slide was pretty cold. I think they went down the slide a couple of times and that was it.