PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Transfer Question

mommy2lg
09-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Does anyone know, if we have to change our flight into Orlando (it's possible due to Ike) -- what would happen with our Magical Express Transfers... we already have the luggage tags for the original flights. Anyone know how that works? Thanks.

CleveRocks
09-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know, if we have to change our flight into Orlando (it's possible due to Ike) -- what would happen with our Magical Express Transfers... we already have the luggage tags for the original flights. Anyone know how that works? Thanks.

You have nothing to worry about.

The tags are only there for two reasons: to signal people at the airport to pull your luggage out of the normal luggage stream and send it towards Disney's luggage sorting facility on the airport grounds; and to provide a method of routing and tracking your bags (the tags have barcodes).

Neither of the two above functions of the DME luggage tags are affected in any way by what flight you arrive on.

The other part of your question, I suppose, has to do with the bus ride to your resort from the airport. No problem there, either.

On the way from airport to resort, you are not pre-assigned to a specific bus at a specific time. The main reason you have to make a DME reservation is so that they know about how many people are going to which resorts at around what times, so in turn they know how to staff their facility and how to dispatch buses. As long as you have a DME reservation for the same calendar day, it makes no difference what time in that day you arrive and want a ride. Bottom line ... you have a reservation, you get a ride.

Like I said, you have no worries here at all. Please post again with any further questions. I'm sure other people here and I can answer them for you.

kakn7294
09-10-2008, 02:10 AM
:ditto: Here's hoping Ike cooperates with you! Have a great trip!