PDA

View Full Version : YTZKING Day 2 - 8/14

ytzking
09-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Well it's Sept. 9th and I'm up to Day 2 so at this rate I should be finished by the time I'm halfway through my next trip. It's really hard to get back in the swing but I think I'm finally re-adjusted to the daily grind. Anyway......
Thurs. morning and DW and I were up and ready to go by 8 AM. The "Youth of America", ( DDs 12 and 16 ) were too tired to get up and promised to meet us at MK by 10:30. We went to the dock and just missed the boat ( lots of ducks and bunnies out and about ). We changed plans and went to the bus stop. 5 minutes and we were on a bus to MK. Picked up DWs 10 day park hopper and were thru the gates by 8:30. Not too crowded at all. We stopped and had a nice breakfast at the bakery. I don't recall the large seating area to the right of the counter but it may just be that we always ate outside.:confused:
After breakfast we went right to Space Mtn. and there was a posted 20 minute wait. It was more like 10. We hit the Rockets immediately after. Haven't done this in years but there was no line so why not. DW got some good shots of me in flight looking like a 5 year old.
We walked slowly, enjoying the relative quiet and wound up at Splash Mtn. We got on with a relatively short wait ( I think 15-20 mins.) and thankfully, no break down ( I cringed when we passed under the vultures, see Day 1 ).
By now the Princesses had arrived at the park and we set up to meet at Pirates at 10:30. The CM out front was loudly hawking " The shortest wait of the day " so again, why not. The ride was fun and uneventful until..... Jack Sparrow in the treasure room at the end. The ride exit was in sight but....... it was not meant to be. The ride stopped, 5 min..... 10 min.... 15 min... finally the soundtrack stops and the lights come on,... 20 min.... 30 min.... here comes a cast member with a PLANK. Yes, a plank to start evacuating the boats. 45 minutes later we were out - so much for the shortest wait of the day. ( Side note... I was quite aggravated with the rescuing CM's pre-occupation with making sure nobody took pictures and not really paying attention to the exiting guests safety in the backstage area. Nobody had their cameras out but he was acting like an overzealous prison guard. Enough on that.)
We went on HM and then headed to Space to pick up FPs. We had a great lunch at the Plaza and I was quite happy with the fact that our waitress said caramel was not available for the ice cream but was able to scare some up from next door at the ice cream parlor.
After a quick ride on Space we headed back to the hotel. It was raining and we took the launch back.
When we got back it had stopped raining so, I headed to the pool with DD 16 while DW and DD 12 stayed behind ( DD 12 if given the opportunity will stay at DWs side 24/7. She doesn't realize she's days away from being a teenager.) The pool was very relaxing and we took a break at the Trout Pass bar to watch weather and Olympics. Relentless Fay had us in her sights and Michael Phelps was on his Golden Tear.
At around 6: 30 we headed to the Contemporary. The girls headed to MK and DW and I hd a 7:30 at The Wave. I took a peak in The Wave and I was not impressed. It definitely had the feel of a corporate cafeteria. Lots of tables right on top of each other and harsh lighting ( IMHO ). We decided to try for a lounge table at the California Grill and we were not disappointed. We got a table right at the window overlooking MK.( I cancelled our 7:30 by 7:00. I don't think it was an issue since the restaurant had been less than 1/3 full.) There were about a dozen Osprey's flying back and forth right outside. Very, very relaxing. DW had chicken ( I think) and I had the best piece of filet mignon I've had in years. With a couple of beers and glasses of wine I think the bill came to about $120.00 after DDE discount. WELL WORTH IT!!:thumbsup:
After dinner we walked over to MK and finished up with Laugh Floor and Wishes. We took the launch back to the hotel and finished up with a drink at the lounge while the girls went up to bed. All in all a great day. We're getting alot done in the few days DW has here.
Tom'w.- DHS, Toy Story and dinner at Liberty Tree.

Lizzie
09-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the report. I always worry about geting stuck on Pirates especially with two toddlers.

Susie in NM
09-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Sure enjoyed your Day 2 report. Thanks for the heads up about the Wave. I have not read much good about it anywhere. We are looking for an ADR for the last day of our upcoming trip and when the cast member taking ressies suggested the Wave I declined that one.

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2008, 03:09 PM
What a nice balance of park time, down time and good food! :thumbsup: I am glad your wife was able to do so much before she had to leave. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
09-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Very nice report. A wondeful trip with your favorite women. I will keep reading.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the report

tinkerbell04
09-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks for sharing, it sounds like it was a great day.

faline
09-16-2008, 06:25 PM
The Main Street Bakery has been rehabbed within the last year which expanded the interior eating space. It's quite nice, now, but nearly as nice as the original!

Sorry you got stuck for so long! That was quite an adventure!

iheartmickey
09-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Sounds like a great day!

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

laward32
09-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Sounded like a great day even with the rain.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
09-18-2008, 09:17 PM
You made the right decision about The Wave. It was terrible. I would rather have had CG anytime.:mickey: