PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Spirit of Aloha?

Nj genie
09-09-2008, 09:08 PM
We could use some advice in choosing between the two.

DizneyRox
09-09-2008, 09:18 PM
You don't want my opinion...

2PrincessDad
09-09-2008, 11:29 PM
My family loved Mickey's Backyard BBQ. I know there are a lot of people who are really down on it around here, but we had a blast.

It was all you can eat BBQ food with beer, wine and soda/iced tea. My wife and I were amazed at the character interaction and the individual time the kids got. We have many picutres and lots of video with Mickey & Minnie dancing with the girls. They even picked up our youngest and danced with her while holding her... I have never seen that type of interaction with any character, let alone Mickey!

We had a blast and have it on our list of definites for our next trip.

Cinderelley
09-10-2008, 01:18 AM
It really depends on what you're looking for.

The backyard BBQ has a lot of character interaction. The Spirit of Aloha's show is more interesting.

jonahbear2006
09-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I would prefer spirit of aloha. For the money I would spend, I wouldnt go to Mickey's. The food is so picnicky. I guess it is american cuisine but for a dinner theatre, I always expect something more fascinating. I had an older couple from FL in the monorail with us and they were talking about how much they love the luau and how we should go some time.

wdw_bound
09-13-2008, 03:04 PM
We're trying the luau this year, and looking forward to it. That being said, we truly loved the BBQ, only it was Thanksgiving at the Fort (for that day only). The character interaction was awesome. My only advice would be to get there early - the seating is first - come first - serve picnic tables, and people can be a bit territorial...

badkitty
09-13-2008, 03:05 PM
You don't want my opinion...

LOL!

Mickeydream
09-13-2008, 04:51 PM
We did the Luau for our Thanksgiving dinner last year and it was great. Our seats were on the second tier and the food was good. It was a fun time all around. We have not done the BBQ, but have chosen the Hoop-de-doo for next year's Thanksgiving. :mickey:

countrycharmer
09-14-2008, 07:12 PM
The consensus of our family, after doing HDD, BYBBQ and SofA has been BYBBQ! Fun for all.