PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten?

Mrs Bus Driver
09-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi all,
I just changed my reservation for our last night from Marrakesh to Biergarten. After doing a bit of research Marrakesh didn't sound like something we would really enjoy. Biergarten however sounds like a lot of fun. I read some reviews which were very favorable, many mentioned that the show and said it was good but didn't run long enough. I am just curious, when does the show start and how long does it run? Our reservations are for 6:40 it that makes a difference. Thanks :mickey:

Mom2Princess'
09-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I have no idea how long the show lasts as I have never paid attention.:blush: But, I think you will enjoy Biergarten more than Marrakesh. We have eaten at both and love Biergarten much more. Like you said, looking at the menu at Marrakesh, it just doesn't sound all that good. It was okay, but not great.

The show at Biergarten is fun to watch. Sometimes I know that you can get seated at a table with others, but we are the type of people that have no problem with that. But, we have never been seated with anyone else in all the times we have gone. I guess it just depends on how busy they are.

Enjoy!

SAHDad
09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
I think it's 20-30 minutes for the show, and they run it once an hour. Don't know if it starts at the top or the bottom of the hour, though.

Madzac
09-09-2008, 10:32 PM
This is the current schedule of shows... I dont know if it is all year round or changes with the seasons at all.

"Daily at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:45, 5:55, 7:00 & 8:05pm
Length of show: 25 minutes "

Mrs Bus Driver
09-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks Madzac, if the show starts at 7 chances are we will be getting seated around then. If the next one is 8:05 we might get to see 2 and then watch illuminations. After that it is an EMH night so who knows. :mickey:

BeccaO
09-10-2008, 10:02 AM
You will love the Biergarten!!!! This is a must-do for us on every trip! The entertainment is great and the food is awesome!!!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
I prefer Marrakesh's food, but the Biergarten is fun, very entertaining band. The dance floor is packed with kids, such a joy to watch. The atmosphere is very neat, too, like a Bavarian village at night. The food made it a one-time thing for us, though. It's very heavy and weiner-centric. We're not big sausage fans. :)

scooterca42
09-10-2008, 12:55 PM
The tables seat ten, I think, or maybe eight, and they fill them up - you will be sitting with other people that you do not know.

That can have a HUGE effect on your experience. The first time we went we were with people from England, Florida, and Texas, the vibe was great - we chatted and ate and laughed. The second time we were with a group who ignored us - fair enough, we ignored them back - but it's more fun if you're with people who are a tad more outgoing.

Still, it's a good show and the food is ok.

Mickeydream
09-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Love the Biergarten! The show is wonderful, the decor is quaint and our tablemates were friendly. We also dined at Marrakesh on that trip and had a fun time. However, we enjoyed the food and show at Biergarten better. On our next trip we will leave out Morooccan food and go with the German. :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-11-2008, 01:14 PM
We love the Biergarten! It is a must do on every trip for us. The food is good and fresh. The entertainment is a lot of fun.

We tried Marrakesh on our last trip and neither my DH or I liked it. Both of us are adventurous eaters bu there is something about cinnamon and sugar with meat that just isn't appealing.

jonahbear2006
09-13-2008, 12:41 PM
im bummed we didnt get the biergarten. I walked around in there and smelled the food and looked at the buffet and it looked fantastic! I will do it now.

TINKinTX
09-16-2008, 02:16 AM
:mickey:I have great pictures from the Biergarten. The show was amazing and interactive! We still remember shouting OY OY OY! While we didn't have kids at the time, the ones there seemed to have a lot of fun. We did sit with people we didn't know. Ones on the left weren't so friendly, but we ended up talking so much with the others. It made for a fun experience that you wouldn't get at any other restaurant.

cinderella crazy
09-16-2008, 09:51 AM
You'll have a great time! We have to go there at least once (sometimes twice) whenever we go to WDW.

DisneyDog
09-17-2008, 07:33 PM
We love the Biergarten, but we've never seen the show. We usually eat there for lunch, and we usually eat lunch as early as possible to avoid the crowd. But, we love the food there. Very hearty!

LizLovesDiz
09-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Biergarten is alot of fun and the food is really good!Great desserts too,great choice ! :thumbsup: DH and I are going again in Oct.