PDA

View Full Version : Our September Rest, Relaxation & Romance- Pretrip Report

Figment78
09-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Cast
Just me (30) & DH (31) - over-worked:badpc: new parents :baby:of a beautiful 6-month old baby boy, in need of some major R&R&R

Thanks to the graciousness of my parents who will be babysitting, DH and I are headed WDW Sept 19-24 for a long weekend, adults-only vacation. First let me say that there are already two additional trips planned for Dec of '09 and Apr of '10 with DH’s family and my family where we will be introducing our little guy to Mickey and the gang. So our goal for this trip is to ride all the thrill rides and eat at the fancy restaurants so that when we go next time, we can focus more on toddler-friendly activities and not feel jealous of our siblings when they go off to ride Tower of Terror while we are at the Playhouse Disney show for the 4th time or on IASM for the 20th. ;)

Also, we have found, as most new parents juggling full-time jobs and new babies do, that we don’t spend nearly as much time together as we used to. So we are in need of some major R&R – and R – rest, relaxation, and romance! :sleepin: And we plan to do a lot of new things on this trip – amazing since this will be our 6 trip together and my 14th!

Our plans:
Travel - Flying Southwest (no fees! :yay:). I’m actually even excited about the plane trip. I love to travel and haven’t been out-of-town by car or plane since last October. Getting dropped off for curbside check-in even gives me a thrill! I love to be going places and doing things. We arrive at MCO at 2:40pm where we booked a town car to take us to the hotel.

Resort – Boardwalk Inn. We have never stayed at any Epcot resort (only MK area & Coronado), so we are really looking forward to this new experience. We love Epcot and DHS, and are very excited to be in that area for a change. We already know we are staying at Poly and WL for our next two trips, so we chose something different for this time.

Fri 9/19
We have dinner ADRs at Marrakesh, one of our favorite Epcot restaurants, and plan to stay at Epcot for EMH. Throughout the trip, we hope to ride Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Mission Space. I want to ride Orange, but DH says Green! Well see… I also can’t pass up a visit with Crush and DH has never seen the Circle of Life movie (I saw it for the first time on my last trip and was impressed but convinced my DS(2) will never sit through it!). I’ll be sure to report on my experience with the new no-wristband EMH when I return.

Sat 9/20
Morning - MK. Throughout the trip, we hope to ride Space Mountain (before the big rumored rehab!), BTMRR, HM, Pirates, and plan to try Splash Mountain for the first time ever! DH has also not seen Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and we both actually like Stitch, so sounds like we will be spending a lot of time in “the front of the park”!
Afternoon – some R&R at the resort pool or on a sea raycer
Evening – early ADRs at California Grill - a first for us. After much debate, we decided not to stay for the fireworks though because I really can’t imagine it being more fun to watch them from CG than it is standing at the end of mainstreet facing the castle (my favorite viewing spot). I get teary-eyed every time!
After dinner – we are meeting friends of ours who will be in Orlando for work for drinks. Not sure where yet. Maybe one of the lounges at the Swan or Dolphin, or ESPN. Then we plan to spend a little time on the Boardwalk just absorbing the atmosphere.

Sun 9/21
Morning /Afternoon – Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. DH has been to neither. I’ve been to both once. We usually don’t “do water parks” but this is a trip of firsts!
Afternoon – rest
Evening - early ADRs at Citricos. Another first. LOVE the Grand Floridian… can’t wait to walk around. I also can’t wait to see the BLT structure at the CR. Then we hop the monorail over to MK for EMH.

Mon 9/22
Morning - Epcot with lunch ADRs at San Angel Inn-another favorite. It’s just soooo romantic. And I love margaritas :marg:
Afternoon – back to the hotel for some poolside relaxation :cool:
Evening – DHS EMH. We have ADRs at Mama Melroses which we like (despite others’ opinions). Personally, we would prefer to sit down for 45 minutes and split a flatbread with salads and wine than order chicken fingers or burgers from CS when at DHS. At DHS, we are going to ride ToT and RnRC. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Just kidding. But we’re skipping the shows. We’ve seen them a hundred times.

Tues 9/23 (last day)
Morning – A quick stop at AK to ride EE and Dinosaur. Then off to shopping at DTD! Must bring back Christmas presents for the new baby, including a personalized baby’s first Christmas ornament. We are also on the lookout for a Halloween costume…. And while we’re at it, might as well do the rest of the Christmas shopping too!
Afternoon – either time at the pool, spa, or the DVC tour. Depends on how much R&R&R we’ve been able to have so far.
Evening – Epcot – it’s traditional for us to spend our last evening at the World Showcase. Afterwards, we have late ADRs at Jiko. We were here on our honeymoon and just love visiting AKL! Fire pit… gift shop… lobby… oh my!

Fri 9/24 – travel day. :(

BluewaterBrad
09-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Hope you two have a GREAT trip!!:mickey:

DizNee143
09-09-2008, 04:25 PM
sounds like a great plan!
i hope you guys enjoy your vacation together!! :mickey:

Lizzie
09-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Sounds great have a good trip.

ChipnDaleGal
09-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Looks like you have a wonderful trip planned with lots of opportunities to fit all those "R's" in. Hope you have good travel and weather and tons of fun! :mickey:

faline
09-15-2008, 08:37 PM
What a great opportunity for you and your husband to reconnect! Have a wonderful time! I just recently dined at Citrico's and enjoyed it quite a lot!

RedSoxFan
09-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Have a wonderful and relaxing trip.:mickey: